Complaint Review: Government Grant Department

• Updated: Thu, December 16, 2010

• Reported By: Chris — Chester Vermont United States of America
Government Grant Department
233 North Michigan Avenue, Bldg. 200 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Government Grant Department Jeff Wilson Telephone call offering $7,000.00 "Grant" for $199.00 "Security deposit" Chicago, Illinois

I received a phone call (caller ID "unavailable") 12/15/2010 saying I was to receive a $7,000.00 grant from the "Government Grant Department" as a reward for paying my taxes on time over the years.  The caller had a heavy Indian or Pakistani accent and identified himself as "Jeff Wilson". I questioned the grant and my obligations on the use of the money and was told that many people were receiving this and there were no obligations. I would be called back by another agent to confirm where in my community I was to go to receive my money. I was further told that I should bring a valid photo ID and $199.00 "Security Deposit" which would be immediately refunded to me along with my grant money, and the whole process would take only about 15 minutes. I checked the "Government Grant Department" out on "Ripoff Report" and  "Snopes" and found numerous scam reports. I have not received a call back, perhaps they figured that I was suspicious due to my line of questioning. I hope this is of help to others receiving similar offers (scams).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2010 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Department/Chicago-Illinois-60601/Government-Grant-Department-Jeff-Wilson-Telephone-call-offering-700000-Grant-for-199-672254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Department