Complaint Review: Government Grant Information Center

• Submitted: Fri, January 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 26, 2007

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Government Grant Information Center
343 First Avenue South, Suite 11 St. George, Utah U.S.A.

Government Grant Information Center RIPOFF WILL TRY TO CON YOU FOR YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT ## St. George Utah

Yesterday 1/25/07 I was called early in the morning by someone with unknown caller to my cell phone. IT was a man with a foreign accent with an obviously fake "average joe" name. I already knew it was a telemarketer but it was early and i felt playful so i let him talk for a minute. He proceeded to tell me I had qualified for a $5000 non-refundable grant from the government. At this point I knew this was not only a telemarketer but a scam, so i wanted to see how long it would take for him to ask for my bank or SS info, which he eventually did. He refused to give me a URL, saying I would recieve it after confirmation. HE also told me this place was located in St. George Utah. Now I live in Atlanta, GA but I have been to Utah and I know that no official government agency in their right mind would operate out of Utah. Also at 9:30 am in Atlanta its about 6:30 am in Utah. Eventually I get tired of the joke and tell the dude im not interested and hang up.

This Morning again at about 9:15 am Atlanta Time I recieve another call. Another foreign guy name "Henry" this time. I had already read other peoples reports of these guys on here (which unfortunately weren't all smart enough to NOT GIVE THEM THEIR ACCT.##) so I told "Henry" in a raised voice that I already know his company is a F------- ripoff and to remove my name from his G--D--- list.

At that point he said "okay...you M-----F-----." No real company would ever let an employee say that on a taped phone call. long story short, DON'T GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TO THESE PEOPLE. LET THEM KNOW YOU KNOW THEY ARE FULL OF BS. ITS SO OBVIOUS.

Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2007 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant-Information-Center/St-George-Utah-84770/Government-Grant-Information-Center-RIPOFF-WILL-TRY-TO-CON-YOU-FOR-YOUR-CHECKING-ACCOUNT--232828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant Information Center