Complaint Review: Government Grant

• Reported By: Marc — Edmond Oklahoma United States of America
Government Grant
Edmond, Oklahoma United States of America

Government Grant Grant Money Scam Edmond, Oklahoma

I was contacted by cell phone and the number displayed as "00000000000". I was informed that because I pay my bills on time and am in good standing with the government, that I was to receive a one-time grant of $7000 to spend it on anything I wanted, as long as I didn't use it for gambling or drugs.  I was given a code of CB901 and told to call the number 209-813-2426 and give the "manager" that code and he would send the money.

When I called the number, I was told that in order to receive the free grant money, I would be required to go to Western Union and send $280 for processing.  My check was to be sent to me in the amount of $7280.  When I told him that didn't seem right, he disconnected.  I called him back, knowing this was a scam, and asked him why he hung up on me.  He told me because I didn't sound interested.  I said to him, "you are a scam artist, right?".  He then told me to go to Hell and hung up again.  BEWARE OF THIS SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grant/Edmond-Oklahoma-/Government-Grant-Grant-Money-Scam-Edmond-Oklahoma-999668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grant