Complaint Review: Government Grants Association

• Submitted: Wed, April 13, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2005

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Government Grants Association
15500 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 304 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Government Grants Association ripoff my mind Clearwater Florida

A man called my house Monday evening while I was preparing dinner for my family. He sounded like he was from oversea and told me that I was eligible for the $5000 grant. He asked me what was I going to do with the money.I told him money for my daughter college, pay off my bills,and a down payment on a house. He told me that is good and I'm eligible.

After talking to him for awhile he gave me his infomation and I gave up mine like a dummy because I'm smarter than that.He told me that the membership fees is $299.95 and I will receive my package within 7 to 10 days.The $5000 will be deposit in my account within 14 days. Later on that day I decided to do a little investigation and check this site ripofffeport.

I don't know if he notice but he gave me this other number (315)220-6374 so I check the number out and it's from Waterloo, New York.

I was so upset, hurt and mad as hell because this has never happen to me. I refused to let him get away so I called my bank 800# to report a fraud within my account but he said it nothing he can do. I told him to put the manager or supervisor on the phone. I even demand a Federal Regulation E form and he asked what I need that for. He put his supervisor on the phone and she also said she can't do nothing unless I had call 3 days before it suppose to happen. Now think about it that was Tuesday when I call the bank and the man suppose to take it out on Friday.

I waited the next day which is Wednesday to closed my account.

Tina
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2005 11:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grants-Association/Clearwater-Florida-33762/Government-Grants-Association-ripoff-my-mind-Clearwater-Florida-138759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grants Association