Complaint Review: Government Grants Department - Alex Smith

• Submitted: Thu, June 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Government Grants Department - Alex Smith
KINGS Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Government Grants Department - Alex Smith so far has taken 200.00 doolars from me telling me its for a 5,600 dollars grant that i was approve for Brooklyn New York

*Consumer Comment: Scams

*Consumer Comment: this dude scamed me with his accompliss

On May 29,2008 i received a phone call from a man name Alex Smith telling me that i was approve to received a government grant of 5,600 hundred dollars. Alex Smith told me all i had to do was send a 100.00 dollars to received the money. So on May 30,2008 i went to western union and did a money and mintues for a hundred dollars to the person he told me to send the money to. The first time he told me to send the money to a Pawan Sharma and i did that.the city was call New Delhi and the country was called India. After i made the transaction i called Alex Smith on the phone and he told me that the 5,600 dollars will be in my account on May 31,2008 at 8:00am. I wasnt home on Saturday on may 31, so i call him on Sunday when i got home and ask him what had happened he told me me and another person made a transaction to the same person so he needed me to send another hundred dollars wester union again so i did. On june 05,2008 i went to western union this time he told me to send the money to a Arun Goswami which this person was also in the city New Delhi and the same country India. This time Alex Smith was on the phone the hold time with mw why i do the money and mintues transfer. He alson ask me for the ten digit number than and i give it to him. He told me that everything went well today and that i can received my money June 05, 2008 at 8:00am in my bank account but i havent received any money into my account today at all. So about 3:30pm june05,2008 i received a phone call from them asking me to make a payment 105.00 dollars to another person name AP Pathak woh is also in New Delhi in the country is India. But this time i didnt make a payment at all. I was told today that you dont have to pay no money to apply or received a grant at all i need some help about this.

Tiffany
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2008 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grants-Department-Alex-Smith/Brooklyn-New-York/Government-Grants-Department-Alex-Smith-so-far-has-taken-20000-doolars-from-me-telling-337459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grants Department - Alex Smith

Scams

AUTHOR: steveshouse1676 - (USA)

I'm sorry to hear that the scam artist were able to get so much money from you. You should always research something like a grant, especially before giving out personal information over the phone or sending money to someone you dont know.

The reason they are called Grants, is because they are free, the do not have to be paid for or paid back. They unfortunately took you for every penny they could get.

this dude scamed me with his accompliss

AUTHOR: jess_1988_h - (United States of America)

this is the same guy that scamed me just two days ago ... and a women name smantha jones they robbed me of 290.00 of westren union an was to send me 5.000 an now i got nothing no answers nothing ..... here are the numbers they gave me 732-945-4701 n her's is 847-305-2056 i was suppose to recieve 50.000 in grant an 45.000 to my account in my bank card thank god i never have money in it but its active an then he was going to send me the 5.000 to westren union for me to pick up n all i had to do was send 290.00 to him an now i got nothing ..... thank u jessica h from ohio usa....