Complaint Review: Government Grants Department

• Submitted: Wed, December 28, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 28, 2005

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Government Grants Department
1900 WinterPark Florida Winter Park Florida, California U.S.A.

Government Grants Department scam Ripoff Winter Park Florida

I received a phone call yesterday at about 1:00 p.m. by this lady by the name of Candy Simpson. She sounded Asian to me... or phillipino... so did the second man I spoke to. So she told me I was getting a 12,000 dollar grant. I questioned her for a long time about how she got my information. She even had my work adress. which is how she tricked me.

After several questions she directed me to a machine whcih some guy was controlling. In the end they just gave me a confirmation number or something and then they just hung up... it was very strange to me .So I immediately made sure all of mu information was safe.

They spoke of many things... the lady and the machine. She even told me that as a thank you I was receiving a $500.00 award to buy food anywhere of my preference. YEAH!!!

So I was talking to the machine and all of a sudden the machine starts telling me that they are going to charge me a $19.00 fee for giving me free long distance calls for 10 days.

I was even offfered a healthcare plan. yeah. She spoke of many good things, she fooled me. But its ok. Oh yeah so she told me i had to pay a $49.95 fee in two days for transaction of something. I was like ok. Thats when i caught on... See at first I was surprised. I thought i had won the lottery or something. For It sounded so well thought out.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2005 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Grants-Department/Winter-Park-Florida-California/Government-Grants-Department-scam-Ripoff-Winter-Park-Florida-169550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Grants Department