Complaint Review: Government Vacation Rewards

• Submitted: Tue, January 17, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Very Upset! — United States of America
Government Vacation Rewards

Government Vacation Rewards GVR Working with hotels that provide drug "houses", drop "houses" for illegals, and unsanitary conditions! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I don't think that's GVRs fault

*Consumer Comment: You filed against the wrong company...

*General Comment: Only a providers issue?

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Govvacationrewards.com

In July 2011 I booked 2 rooms for the weekend of On Aug. 12-14th 2011 at the Howard Johnson hotel 1010 S Freeway Tucson, AZ 85745. I paid with my Military Exchange Card. Upon arrival on the 12th we pulled up next to a truck that had dropped off 8-10 illegals to the room next to us and never came back. Then we went into our room, the room was dirty the beds were broken, the bathroom was filthy. There was even blood on the walls in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they would not move us to another room or clean it. We left to get dinner, when we came back the people in the room next to us were smoking pot and it was coming into our room through the vents in the bathroom. Our room was filled with smoke. Then I went down to the office to complain and they still did nothing. The following morning I got on the Government Vacation Rewards website and booked another hotel room for the following night (Aug 13th) at another hotel. That hotel cost me twice as much but was the only one available.

After returning home I contacted GVR they informed us we would have to send a letter explaining what happened. I sent the letter and after not hearing from them I contacted them again. They claimed they never got the letter, so I sent it again. Still nothing! Then I went on their facebook page and  I posted my story on their page, hoping they would be able to help. It cause a bit of a stir because many people commented and have had similar problems. So what does GVR do????? Take me off their facebook, and block me so I can not leave comments. So not only did they promise to contact me by Monday Jan 16th to resolve my problem, and didnt call. They made sure I cant let anyone else know how crappy they are!

I can not believe that that government rewards would offer such a hotel to our family to stay in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Government-Vacation-Rewards/internet/Government-Vacation-Rewards-GVR-Working-with-hotels-that-provide-drug-houses-drop-hous-823982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Government Vacation Rewards

I don't think that's GVRs fault

AUTHOR: intellegetTraveler - ()

I ALWAYS search for hotels and resorts by luxury rating. You can book a 5 star room or a 1 star room. Don't get mad at the booking company because your hotel budget was just shy of bullet holes in your hotel room. Now I don't like the fact that when you tried to contact GVR they weren't responsive, but ultimately they just showed you the price of that hotel room and booked it upon your request. You chose that business and need to take up your complaint with them. People that assume their travel agent will ensure their happiness are naive and ignorant. This report is rubbish...   Stop being a child and look at what you wrote from a logical standpoint. If I booked a vacation at Charles Manson's house and got murdered, it's not GVRs fault. Stop booking hotels at the "Shady Inn" or save up for a more luxury experience next time. GVR doesn't turn water into wine or make gold out of your pocket change. Jeez, America is losing it's grip on reality.

You filed against the wrong company...

AUTHOR: HappyMember - ()

I own the government vacation rewards program and use it for the majority of my travel. I've so far had no problems with any of my bookings. They're partnered with the majority of resort/hotel companies; so obviously there's going to be some you may like better than others. Bashing a company, due to another companys wrong doing just doesn't make sense. Perhaps you should delve further into your research when deciding what a suitable hotel accomidation is for you and your family.

#3 General Comment

Only a providers issue?

AUTHOR: MARS - ()

So are suggesting the gov travel rewards has no repsonsibility to its customers for the the companies that partner with? I would agree that expectations may have been a little high for a HOJO but I would think the service provider would be more service oriented to thier customers

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Govvacationrewards.com

AUTHOR: misstraveler - ()

I was very pleased with the past 5 years i have used goverment vacation rewards. They have always gave me great vacation spots as well as service. They can not help who they are partnered up with and the service the hotels provide. If you have an issue with the way people handle you personally maybe you should check how you approach them with your attitude. AGAIN, this is not the travel providers fault this is the specific place "YOU CHOOSE TO STAY AT" when you book your travel.

Very happy with the program and i continue to use it 6 times a year!!!!