Complaint Review: Govolo

• Submitted: Wed, March 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: Monica —

Govolo Govolo is a ripoff - waiting for reimbursement for more than 3 months! Internet

Govolo asked me to transfer 1360 euros to buy a ticket and after I transferred the money they decided to withdraw my booking. Since then more than 3 months have gone by and I still haven't received a refund.

On the 3rd of December 2012 I booked tickets to fly Santiago de Chile-London for 1360 euros. Govolo told me that they would safe my booking for 24 hours and that I should transfer the money to their account. I did so immediately (and before the 24 hours had gone by) but after I did they decided not to respect my booking. I spent around 70 euros in transaction costs, plus exchange rates. In total I calculate that I spent around 1500 euros to transfer the money to Govolo.

I complained and I was told that the only option was to request a refund. I did so on the 12th of December 2013 and until today (27 of March 2013) I have still not received my refund.

Every time I contact them they say that they have requested the refund and that I should receive the money in a few days. I am now starting to think that this is all a scam. I have lost 1500 euros because of making business with them.
I recommend that you do not use Govolo to buy tickets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2013 06:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Govolo/internet/Govolo-Govolo-is-a-ripoff-waiting-for-reimbursement-for-more-than-3-months-Internet-1038401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Govolo