Complaint Review: Grace Homes

• Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jill — Murfreesboro Tennessee
Grace Homes
1461 Battleground Drive Murfreesboro, Tennessee USA

Grace Homes /Brandt Bentley They took my money, did half the work and then disappeared. Stole my screens. Murfreesboro Tennessee

Grace Homes was my contractor for hail dammage to my roof.  The insurance company made the check out to me and Grace Homes and I stupidly gave it to them, believing that article they showed describing them as one of America's top 50 roofers (Surely that company is honest, I assured myself).

It took forever and many angry calls to finally get them to repair my hail-damaged roof.  The crew actually did a good job in that respect, but I also had paid them for gutters, window repair, awning repairs, and a repaired carport.  Again, many angry phone calls until finally the gutter crew showed up and did a VERY poor job.  They damaged the soffit and then just put the new gutters on top of the damage.

I complained and sone one came to look at the damage done and took 7 screens to be repaired, telling me that they would bring them back later, when they would repair the soffit/gutters, repair the window frames and the carport.  They never came back, and I had called many times.  Eventually, they apparently closed their Nashville AND Murfreesboro offices and disconnected the office phones.  Brandt Bentley, the owner listed his cell phone as the contact, and i could NEVER get him to answer.

I filed a report on Angies List and he DID call to tell me that someone would bring my screens back, but of course, no one did.  I eneded up having to buy new screens myself, at which I filed a report with the Better Business bureau.  They had as much luck as I did in getting any response, and i found out that their BBB logo on their webpage was a bogus as their claims of being a honest and reputable business.  They have a F rating.

I regret ever allowing a rep of their to get on my roof.

Jill

Murfreesboro, TN

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grace-Homes/Murfreesboro-Tennessee/Grace-Homes-Brandt-Bentley-They-took-my-money-did-half-the-work-and-then-disappeared-1052251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grace Homes