Complaint Review: Grand Canyon Railway - The Train - Thetrain.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 30, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 30, 2004

• Reported By:Yarnell Arizona
Grand Canyon Railway - The Train - Thetrain.com
1201 W. Route 66 Flagstaff, Arizona U.S.A.

Grand Canyon Railway Aka The Train Aka Thetrain.com ripoff! Dishonest, bad customer service, horrible food, rude empoyees, no refund! Flagstaff, Williams Arizona

I booked a tour package on The Grand Canyon Railway on Jan. 31st 2004. The date of the tour was March 20-21. My partner and I looked forward to this trip since making the reservations. The trip was advertised as all-inclusive with buffet dinner and breakfast, hotel stay with queen beds, train trip to the Grand Canyon, bus tour with box lunch at the Canyon and train trip back to Williams on a steam powered train.

This is what actually occurred:
We checked into the hotel on the afternoon of the 20th. The rooms did not have queen beds, they were full size beds. We went to the restaurant for dinner. There was a choice of buffet or using your voucher toward menu items, we chose the latter. Our food arrived almost an hour later, cold and absolutlely repulsive. My partner had shrimp primavera that had a grand total of 4 shrimp for $15.95. I had a few bites of fetucine alfredo that tasted like cold cardboard.

In the middle of the night we discoved that the heat was not working in our room and had to bundle up to keep warm. On the 21st we went back to the restaurant for breakfast. I only had coffee, my partner had rubbery pancakes and we were charged for two meals.

While waiting to board the train we realized that it was not a steam engine, it was a newer model diesel.
Upon arriving at the Canyon we were directed to the tour bus. At the first stop on the tour, our driver left without us. We tried to get a ride with another tour bus that was there and the driver said "you can kiss my black ass". It took over two hours to walk back to the train depot (without the box lunch) just in time to get back on and return to Williams. The entire reason for the trip was to enjoy the Grand Canyon and we completely missed it!

Upon returning to the Williams depot I attempted to get my refund from a manager and she flat out refused. I took the issue up with my bank after we got home and they have not been able to resolve the issue. I have closed that account. This was the worst trip of my life!!!

Clint
Yarnell, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2004 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-Railway-The-Train-Thetraincom/Flagstaff-Arizona-86001/Grand-Canyon-Railway-Aka-The-Train-Aka-Thetraincom-ripoff-Dishonest-bad-customer-servic-89662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon Railway - The Train - Thetrain.com