Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University
, Arizona USA

Grand Canyon University GCU Careful before you enroll. Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: GCU Student Resolutions

Before I start let me be clear that I am not angry, I am an adult and responsible for my own actions.  With that said....  I started attending online classes at GCU in December of 2012.  I am now in my 5th class.  My experience with GCU has been less than satisfactory.  Like other posters have stated they promise you a great deal  but when a situation arises one can only speak to a low level person who is limited in their ability to offer timely remedies. Here are some negative experiences I have had with this school: Phone calls are not returned in a timely manner.  Financial counselors are not in control of student loans etc, when a situation arises (and it will)  they have to send the paper work to other department and have to wait to get it back only to have to send it off again and this goes on and on.  The counselors seem  extremely overworked.  Every time the school has not lived up to its promises and a counselor is contacted they do not listen well, they take a position and "dig in" and express a "you are wrong" attitude.  They have never shown empathy, they have never offered an apology.... The student "loud cloud" online classroom is constantly down, usually on a Saturday and Sunday when the major essays are due.  When the web site is down they are less than honest and state "the website is undergoing routine maintenance".  Why not just be honest?  This school goes through a huge turnover with their staff!  I have had 3 new counselors and 2 new finance counselors in the short time I have been there.  I have had 2 GREAT teachers, 1 teacher that was  not engaged at all and I had one teacher that was so angry, if someone had a different opinion of Scripture he degraded and humiliated, I was so embarrassed for him.  They do not have an avenue to speak to a high level person so you just have to endure. GCU has a lower tuition than other schools and that was part of my decision to attend.  Their enrollment counselors are also very nice but they cannot help you once you start your classes.   I am going to complete this year and reevaluate my continuing with GCU before next semester.  Good luck in choosing a school.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2013 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/Arizona/Grand-Canyon-University-GCU-Careful-before-you-enroll-Phoenix-Arizona-1075957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University

GCU Student Resolutions

AUTHOR: GrandCanyonUniversity - ()

Hello,

We are very sorry you are unhappy with your experience.  Grand Canyon University (GCU) is committed to the success of its students and values the opportunity to resolve disputes. GCU’s resolution team provides options designed to address student issues, and is available to assist with your grievance. Please contact the resolutions office at resolutionteam@gcu.edu and we will start working on your issue immediately.