Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: cro12 — tempe Arizona United States of America
Grand Canyon University
3300 W. Camelback Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Grand Canyon University Heath Vance, Tyler Nelson, Bart Burker, Laura Thomas,Kelly Damron This school only care about your money not education. If you are accused of cheating they will take the side of the teacher, the teacher dont have to teach the class these are there rules Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Student to Student

If you looking to get educated here at Grand Canyon University turn the opposite way. I am fighting tooth to the nail with this school. These people really are not Professors or Teachers. They get paid to only give you homework thats it and they dont have to teach the class if they dont want to. Kelly Damron had accused me of cheating and I go to the online schooling that she had accused me of cheating and turned me in and only took her word for it instead of asking what happen. I had to beg, which was not worth it. I also was sick that I had to go see the doctor that the medicine doctor had given me new medication in my other medication is not working that I was failing they would give me an Incomplete so I can retake it because of my health that they refuse to and said you would have to go talk to the teacher Kelly Damron had refused to. She also lied that she said that she would help tutor me and turned her back. I have gone to my advisor which was Laura Thomas that she did not bother looking into the situation that she is taking the teachers word instead of looking into the situation. I have been to other school and I have never been treated like this. The one that like University of Phoenix or Devry that they take action teachers arent doing anything to help their students or they dont just take one side. This school does that and thats is how bad this is. Heather Vance, MBA Academic Compliance Administrator she didnt look at anything I said decided I cheated instead of listening to my side. This is how it is with them the teacher is right and student wrong. I am paying this school teach me not throw me a book say here we just grade without no question that you should know it already. I have to Tyler Nelson which is above Laura Thomas with my issues that he said he would investigate yeah he investigate that all he did was look at the class instead of the individual student issue that he said everything was fine. He didnt even bother looking my situation. I like Im sounding like a broken record that I have repeat myself that Im wondering how far I need to go up the ladder to see who will look into my situation that to see who even cares the student. Waist of time and money for a school that I would score 0 cause they only take staff side instead of the student best interest. All Tyler Nelson did for his investigation was glance at the class and also look in the student situation and just said the student is guilty. So if anyone wants to go to school look away. This is school is all about the Teacher, The staff and thats it they are all buddies that all do is nothing that they only take each other side.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Grand-Canyon-University-Heath-Vance-Tyler-Nelson-Bart-Burker-Laura-ThomasKelly-Damron-924788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University

#1 General Comment

Student to Student

AUTHOR: Just Passing By - (United States of America)

In all honesty, based off of your initial complaint composed of erroneous verbiage, run on sentences and improper uses of verbs, I cannot comprehend how you see fit that GCU faculty and staff are incompetent in their processes. Have you attempted to research the section of the academic catalog regarding academic compliance and understand, much less acknowledge what is required of you as a student? Many Institutions utilize a third party site for assignment submissions. "Turn it-in" as I recall is what GCU utilizes, encompasses a main feature that measures plagiarism percentages. This would not have resulted from the professor "accusing" you of cheating. I hope that you will be able to discern where the actual "Issue" derived from.

With hopes that you will take this response with the best intentions,
~ A fellow student just passing by