- Report: #438067
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University3300 W, Camelback Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
Grand Canyon University TOOK MY FEDERAL GRANT MONEY AND MY PROMISSORY NOTE MONEY AND DIDN'T RECEIVE MY REIMBURSEMENT CHECK LIKE I NORMALLY DO Phoenix Arizona
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: GCU - Quit Lying
*Consumer Comment: ** Unsastisfied Student At GCU
*UPDATE Employee: I'm sorry but I don't buy it...
*Consumer Comment: REPORT STUDENT LOAN FRAUD
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have been attending since 10/28/07, and purchasing my books with what they call a lopes card. 1. I was told my lopes account rolls over each semester in which I can buy more books from the bookstore. I only bought the book(s) I needed each semester. When I went online to purchase my next book they said I owed them more money for the book because my lopes account was depleted. A light should have gone off then.
2. Three times a year I receive a reimbursement check because I applied for federal grants and signed a promissory note to subsidize my tuition, which with all three of those combined they use my loan money-cost of tuition= credit and a reimbursement check. I was suppose to get my check this month which is March. The financial counselor never returned my calls. I did email her and somebody emailed me back stating I will not receive a reimbursement check because they applied it to the summer balance. The summer is when their new year starts and it hasn't started when all this occurred.
A friend of mine that goes to that college also was on the phone with her admission counselor and she emailed me that he told her the financial counselor weren't there all day which was 03/26/09.
I called the financial institution who I had the promissory note through and explained exactly what happend and told her if I don't finish my degree then I can't pay my promissory note. She assured me she would call and find out what happend. She knew the finanicial counselor's last name. Hmmmmm. The so called instructors are not called instructors, they are called facilitators, which there is a difference. When you need help in the tech support, everything is automated and they direct you to their website to try and troubleshoot your problem.
Now I would like to fly out there to see if there is a real college that exists even though they have a physical address.
If your wanting to return to college anybody can get federal money or loans to attend college. I recommend to everybody to college in your home down our your state college.
I have read previous post. The college stating you will be turned over to a collection agency is ridiculous if you have already allotted them money for your tuitition. In my personal opinion. They owe the money back to the federal government and to the financial institution if you took out a promissory note like I did.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Grand-Canyon-University-TOOK-MY-FEDERAL-GRANT-MONEY-AND-MY-PROMISSORY-NOTE-MONEY-AND-DIDN-438067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.