Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Reported By: Dee — Chestertown Maryland United States of America
Grand Canyon University
P.O. Box 11590 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Grand Canyon University GCU is a FRAUD and charges false fees Phoenix, Arizona

I applied for GCU in February of this year. I resigned in August after I go the truth about what I had been asking since February of this year.

here is my complaint:

On the homepage of GCU it states that if you submit your unofficial transcript, you canknow in 24 hours how many of your credits are transferrable, and a tentative graduation date. I submitted mine in February, and kept asking about the transfer credits and graduation date throughout July. I kept being

told since I was starting school there in July, I would have my information by then. I started on July 9th (5 months later in the orientation class), and still kept asking for that information, and I kept getting put off. Finally, into my 3rd week in orientation I did some calling around on my own and I was flabbergasted! Not only did they not accept the majority of my credits (74 I earned with my associates degree and some BA classes), but when I only had a little over a year to graduate, their date was three years later! I am 50 years old, why would I go another three years when I had a little over one year to complete? This is vital information I should have had, as I requested, before I started! I withdrew from classes immediately, effective the last date of the orientation class. Not to mention that when I found this out and I did withdraw, I have been charged a fee that two different financial aid counselors are saying are for two different things; one said that it was for TASKSTREAM, (which is not used in orientation, I have an account from my former university), and the other one said that it is for my education team. SOMEBODY's LYING! What team? I did not learn a darn thing from that orientation class, I could have taught it. All but $1800 of my financial aid has been returned to lender, and GCU claims I still owe $400, but no one can agree what the fee is for. This organization is a rip-off! What you charge for tuition, one would end up paying out of your pocket. I want them to be investigated before they rip others off. Please help me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/Phoenix-Arizona-85061-1590/Grand-Canyon-University-GCU-is-a-FRAUD-and-charges-false-fees-Phoenix-Arizona-962326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University