Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: allyq — Sandy Utah United States of America
Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University Fraudulent Financial Aid, billing process, Internet

Grand Canyon University had flyers put in my box at work for masters programs all online.  This seemed to be appealing as I was working full time and a single mother.  What I found instead was ever changing academic and financial counselors that did not return my telephone calls.

My financial aide information was constantly changing and most of the time even unavailable to access.  I have never had this problem before.  With other Universities a letter was sent out at the beginning of the year as to what financial aide was available to me and I had the option to choose none, all or some.  This was not the case with GCU.  I couldn't ever seem to find out what financial aide was available to me and GCU did all the choosing.

My life had some turns and became very hectic so I tried to contact my academic counselor on numerous occasions to discontinue my education for a while.  My  academic counselor never contacted me back.  Each time I called there seemed to be a different counselor assigned to me.  It was all very frustrating.  When I finally did talk to a academic counselor she stated that I would be charge several thousand dollars.

I tried again and again to get a hold of my financial counselor as the academic counselor didn't handle the finance part.  Again my telephone calls were not returned and I had an ever changing counselor.  When I asked for an accounting for the money they were claiming I owed I never received one.  I finally got through to someone that seemed to be helpful but then did not here from her again.

I received a mysterious call from a woman that would not leave her name warning me that GCU used deceptive practices and to "watch out."  I am assuming that the woman that called me was most likely a former employee.  Maybe the one that had been so helpful? Something needs to be done about GCU and their deceptive practices!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/internet/Grand-Canyon-University-Fraudulent-Financial-Aid-billing-process-Internet-960540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University