Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Reported By: Elk — Champaign Illinois United States of America
Grand Canyon University
3300 Camelback Road Internet United States of America

Grand Canyon University GCU Never attended but charged!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint, please.

*UPDATE Employee: Wed like to assist you

Where do I begin?? ..... I was in search of an online school by it being convenien tfor me since I was expecting a baby at the time. I came acrossed Grand Canyon University. They caught my attention since it was a Christain Unversity.

I contacted the school via email where i was later contacted by an academic advisor. Therefor I completed registration and sign up for finacial aid. I have to say during the few weeks i was waiting for class to start. I had a change of heart, I then informed the school pior to me attending, that i was no longer intrested in thier school. I was then told every thing will ok if I want to come back.

Here it is 2 years later I decided to attend a campus base college. There I was informed that students should go to the NSLD to checks the stauts of thier loans history, and that where I saw I was charged for x amout of dollars out of my Stafford Loan  and x amout of dollars from my Pell Grant.

How can they do that when i never attend class? I contacted the school to let them what was going on. I was told that they would have some one contact me.....no call... I called the school the other day. I was told that my account was sent out to collections for the remaninding money i owe...huh how could this be when they took money out of my and Pell Grant and Student loan which showing i currently owe???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2011 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/internet/Grand-Canyon-University-GCU-Never-attended-but-charged-Internet-778758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University

File a complaint, please.

AUTHOR: jtgcu2011 - (United States of America)

file a complaint with the better business bureau:

Wed like to assist you

AUTHOR: GCUStudentResolutions - (USA)

Please contact the Student Resolution Team directly by emailing resolutionteam@gcu.edu or calling 602-639-8035 with the details of your issue and someone will reach out to you via phone or email within one business day.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve your
issue.