Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University Transcript Hold Internet

*General Comment: Also having same difficulties with Grand Canyon University

*UPDATE Employee: GCU Student Resolution

I attended Grand Canyon University approximately 5 or 6 years ago.  GCU automatically signed me up for another course.  I sent an e-mail and dropped the class, due to my mother breaking her hip and I was her only car giver.  However, GCU did not drop me and now says I owe for those two classes I did not take.   I took out a student loan and I am paying it back for the two classes I did take with them.

However, they are holding my transcript, because they say I owe them money for the two classes I did not take or register for.  After numerous phone calls, nothing was resolved undoubted, and GCU has turned me over to a debt collector.  I don't understand why I should have to pay for two classes I did not take.  Needless to say, $4,000  in debt with student loans at GCU,  I can not transfer those classes to the school I am now attending for my Master's in Eduction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/internet/Grand-Canyon-University-Transcript-Hold-Internet-1046878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University

#1 General Comment

Also having same difficulties with Grand Canyon University

AUTHOR: Deborah Holden - ()

I am having the same problems. Messed up my classes, over charged, kept the money, made me pay for added classes. Dropped a class do to illness, filed the proper paperwork on time and was never posted, now holding my official transcripts till I pay off $3800 that I really don't owe. What are we to do? I have my BA in English Literature and GCU is holding me hostage.... Please someone help us with this situation.

Deborah Holden

Fullerton, CA

GCU Student Resolution

AUTHOR: GrandCanyonUniversity - ()

Hello Cheryl,

We are very sorry you are unhappy with your experience.  Grand Canyon University (GCU) is committed to the success of its students and values the opportunity to resolve disputes. GCU’s resolution team provides options designed to address student issues, and is available to assist with your grievance. Please contact the resolutions office at resolutionteam@gcu.edu and we will start working on your issue immediately.