Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Updated: Mon, November 28, 2011

• Reported By: frustratednerizza — anthem Arizona United States of America
Grand Canyon University
phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Grand Canyon University GCU Double, Triple and maybe even Quadruple Billed & after 14 MONTHS They still can't fix!!!! phoenix, Arizona

I have taken 9 classes with GCU and am currently enrolled in one. The first three classes I took while my husband was employed by the University under a scholarship which allowed me to attend for free. The problem arose once my husband resigned due to horrible work conditions and operations and management nightmares that the online University employees are forced to deal with. This is very obvious to anyone that attends the University because your counselors change every month because they can't keep employees for their life.

When my husband left we placed the appropriate phone calls in order to ensure my file and student aid would be processed correctly. Long and short this did not happen and AS ALWAYS, it takes days and sometimes WEEKS TO GET A CALL BACK FROM ANYONE!!! Of course they did not pull in funds correctly because they still showed me as an employee. I apparently should have not said anything but, being an honest person we reached out to them yet again to try and fix.

In the process of them fixing and the WEEKS AND WEEKS with NO PHONE CALLS, After 10 classes her ledger is 15 PAGES LONG!!! The total CHARGES showing from GCU up too page 12 which is her current class is $42,031.66!!!!!! They show $31,897.78 in corrections and $32,972.18 in stipend money!!!! THAT IS INSANE!!! Where is the money coming from and where is it going?!?!?!?!?!? What type of student loans am I going to be committed to that I should'nt be??? AND WHY AFTER ONLY $12,180 of actual classes taken are we dealing with numbers that total CLOSE TO $100,000!!!!!

I have not even been enrolled in school long enough to have even qualified for $32,972.18 in loans and grants. FURTHER MORE THEY STILL SHOW ME TO HAVE A BALANCE DUE OF ALMOST $7,000!!!!! RUN, RUN, RUN!!!! They will rip you off!!! Screw up you aid eligibility!!! And never return your calls!!!!

Please Help With Suggestions!!! I am also reaching out to 12 On Your Side and have sent them copies of ledger! We have also reached out to the department of education in AZ!!! I need more suggestions though cause right now I just want it fixed so I can switch to a real university. NOT A CHOP SHOP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/phoenix-Arizona-/Grand-Canyon-University-GCU-Double-Triple-and-maybe-even-Quadruple-Billed-after-14-MONT-802304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University