Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Reported By: jeneen — martinez Georgia
Grand Canyon University
300camelback rd phoenix, Arizona USA

Grand Canyon University bait and switch phoenix Arizona

I attended Grand Canyon University online and received my ...B.A. as well as Master's in psychology. First I was offered a scholarship to change schools (online) I did, the scholarship pended for months and then they said it was a typo. In December of 2012, alisia Darkis my financial advisor forgot some paperwork which forestalled my disbursement. Next they messed up further paperwork when I changed my major concentration t get my masters. when I graduated I found I was lied to, most brick and mortar universities do not accept online for their doctorate program, they would not even have accepted one from Grand Canyon University if it was traditional campus because of a past lawsuit and their bad reputation. Next I did get accepted into an online program for my doctorate but Grand Canyon wants nearly a thousand dollars more because of the paper work error they made. The Federal Student loan program says I don't own GCU any money either,however they will not award the diploma and the transcripts I have already earned,which means I cannot continue in the doctorate program. I hired a lawyer, he has called them,written them and emailed them and they just ignore him and refuse to respond. We are getting ready to  file suit but the online student office and the CEO's office is not on the campus, and no one is sure where they are. My father is contacting the VA so they will investigate and maybe withdraw their accreditation. These people are beyond belief,they just ignore a lawyer!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University/phoenix-Arizona/Grand-Canyon-University-bait-and-switch-phoenix-Arizona-1073700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University