Complaint Review: Grand Central Photo

• Updated: Thu, September 15, 2011

• Reported By: Jeane — Keene New Hampshire USA
Grand Central Photo
Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Grand Central Photo This company stole $1,149.00 from a poor female senior citizen who now can't pay property taxes. Boca Raton, Florida

*Author of original report: Thank you

*Author of original report: You do not know what you are talking about, are you trying to make feel worse than I already do?.

*Consumer Comment: Oy Vey II The Sequel

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry you're now in financial trouble..

In good faith I ordered a Canon camera kit and was sent a refurbished camera and cheap lens, not what I ordered. They gave me a huge runaround finally I went to my bank and they said I should just return it, I called GCP and was told to send it back to address on package w/tracking. I also requested signature. Then never received my money back. I am on SS, a single female senior citizen and I saved for several years to afford this camera I was hoping to make a little money with. Now I am unable to pay my bills, may loose my house all because these fraudulent criminals have stolen from me and many others. Why are they allowed to get away w/destroying peoples lives for their greed. They are criminals and getting away w/it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2011 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Central-Photo/Boca-Raton-Florida-/Grand-Central-Photo-This-company-stole-114900-from-a-poor-female-senior-citizen-who-no-777162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Central Photo

AUTHOR: Jeane - (USA)

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll follow up on them. I usually do all my stuff w/amazon including selling my things to raise money and trust them totally, just didn't think when I saw a really good price and GCP sounded like a good name. What a hard way to learn a lesson. Thanks again.

AUTHOR: Jeane - (USA)

I went to my bank and they said I had a hard core case and don't worry. They put the money back in my acct. I proceeded to purchase a camera as I am making a little side money w/it. After all this time, almost 7 months, the bank took the money back out of my house taxes as GCP can't be touched now, the bank did all they could and couldn't believe GCP got away w/this theft.

Yes, I was stupid to buy from a company I didn't know and I have certainly paid for it. I mention that I am female, senior citizen on SS because I really can't afford to be ripped off for that amount of money. I had scrimped and saved to buy the camera thinking it would eventually help me out and I have already sold a few and won several contests. When I was trying to get my money back after they received the camera back I explained how much that amount of money means to me in my present circumstance but they could care less who they rip off, I don't know how they sleep at night.

Sorry you did not like my comments on this but I really don't care, what I do care about is GCP gets away w/doing this to me and many other people and no one is doing anything about it.

Oy Vey II The Sequel

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Bad news. They "closed" their doors, according to the previous report on them, Report: #776655.

They are suspected highly of now operating as www.buyherephoto.com.

Contact the NYC or Brooklyn, NY DA offices and lodge a criminal fraud complaint. and never buy online except from the strong lady dot com, if you catch my drift. AKA AmaZon

And if the store closes on Saturday, close your browser and start over.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry you're now in financial trouble..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

but what does this have to do with being Ripped Off by this company?  What also does being a female senior citizen have to do with being unable to pay your bills?  Would you have been able to pay your bills and keep from "loosing" your house if the camera had been what you ordered?

It would appear you shouldn't have spent the money in the first place.

I'm a retired senior myself, also on S.S. and would suggest maybe getting family help with your finances, especially any purchases you may want to make.

Hope you can resolve this.