Complaint Review: Grand Furniture

• Submitted: Wed, December 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 21, 2005

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Grand Furniture
1305 Baker Road Nationwide U.S.A.

Grand Furniture Contract unclear, rip off and rude workers Virginia Beach Virginia

I have had this account with Grand Furniture for approx. 7 years. The first time I bought about $4,000.00 in furniture and then later I bought about $3,000.00. Once I bought a bulk bed for my grand children and when it was delivered it was not set up correct. Parts of the ladder were left off and several screws were left off. I complained and was told they would fix it. My grand son (age 6) fell off the ladder because of the step and hit his head. It caused a huge knot on his head. I paid the hospital bill and had Grand furniture to pick up the bunk bed. They were extremely nice so I didn't persue any legal charges. I have since purchased a mattress and box spring for my own bed. I recently had a tragedy in my family. My son was involved in an automobile accident in another state. He was on a life support. I received a warrant from Grand furniture sueing me for the balance of about $750.00. When I called and told them my situation the lady in charge of my case Ms. J. Lewis was extremely rude. I was told that they would come to pick up all of my furniture that I pruchased over the years because I never closed out the account. I want everyone to know that if you are almost finish paying on an exisiting account always make sure that one account is not running into the other account or they will try to collect everything that you have purchased from that one account.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
United States Minor Outlying Islands

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2005 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Furniture/nationwide/Grand-Furniture-Contract-unclear-rip-off-and-rude-workers-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-168852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Furniture