Complaint Review: Grand Mayan Palace

Cabos San Lucas Internet United States of America

Grand Mayan Palace DO NOT buy time share from this company Cabo, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Scam

*Author of original report: Take it back

We bought time share from this company after 5 hrs talking to the sale man name William Amezaga. We did not read the contract carefully since we were too tired. Now after reading every word we were shock how different between the contract and the verbal promise from the sale man. Anyone know how to get the deposit back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Mayan-Palace/internet/Grand-Mayan-Palace-DO-NOT-buy-time-share-from-this-company-Cabo-Internet-934497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Mayan Palace

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: Becker79 - ()

We were also scammed with a Mayan Palace Timeshare. They claim they don't misrepresent themselves. Yet the promises and the drinks ease you into signing. Once you've done that, you are screwed. Through all the other initials on your contract, you realize you initialled, that they don't misrepresent themselves. Now you are up the creek. We had 2 timeshares they claimed that Alliance marketing would sell for us in 3 months max. We would recoup the money we paid at the Grand Luxxe and would net out ahead of the game. Well 15 months later, I am out $30k and I still have the original timeshares. I have also not heard a word from Alliance marketing in several months. Plus I found out they are a marketing group, thus not legally allowed to sell. I have had to take a 2nd mortgage out on my house. All the answers I have seen from the Mayan on various websites show they are not at all interested in helping out. Do they not have a concious?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Mayan Palace Scam

AUTHOR: VC32 - (United States of America)

Dealing with Mayan Palace after the purchase of your timeshare can be a little frustrated. Especially because customer service wont get you the answers you expect to get when it comes on how to use your timeshare or trying to Book your next vacations, lucky if you are able to do book anything.Before you purchase, you need to think carefully how you will use it in your life, and if you have the money to spend; take your time and don't make any commitments on your first visit. Also, dont forget to do an internet search on the company, and if the company is legit they will let you come back another day if you wish to make de purchase. I know a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that can give you a free consultation on your matter, you should contact them, this is their website:

(((link redacted)))

Take it back

AUTHOR: Tai - (United States of America)

I submitted this complaint about the time share which I bought at The Grand Mayan several days ago. I was really pissed about the contract which we found was different from what we understood from the sale person.

However the consumer service was really nice and easy to work with. She tried hard to resolve the issues. Since we could not resolve, she was willing to cancel the contract and refund our deposit. We was really happy after no sleeping well for a couple nights before. This is my good lesson to learn and fortunately we got the money back.

Just a suggestion to everyone: ask for an addendum so that you can cancel the contract
after 5 days so you can have time to review it. It was difficult for us to think clearly after long hours of sale pitched and several contract modification. If NOT then you can ask the sale person to summarize what they offer and what you want and everyone sign to it. Good luck!

The Vida Vacation club customer services were impressive.