Complaint Review: Grand Mayan

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Author of original report: Grand Mayan Resolution

The Grand Mayan, Nuevo Vallarta, sales staff bilked me out of TWENTY THOUSAND dollars when I was visiting during my early recovery from rigorous breast cancer treatment. I was still experience cognitive difficulties, exhaustion, and more, and was obviously not at the top of my game.

The head sales rep was subsequently fired, but despite numerous, onging pleas from me, the Grand Mayan has not refunded my money (which would be a drop in the bucket for them).

In the recent past I engaged in discussions with a new rep from Vida Vacations, Michelle Doyle, who told me they wanted very much to resolve this to our mutual satisfaction. However, when I asked for more complete information, in writing, about what they were offering, she simply stopped corresponding.

I am now 64 years old, living primarily on disability insurance due to ongoing side effects, and I need this money to help pay for my ongoing medical care.

Do these people give a hoot? No. They are quite simply heartless and beyond despicable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Mayan/internet/Grand-Mayan-Vida-Vacations-Ripped-off-for-20-Thousand-Dollars-Internet-921776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Mayan

AUTHOR: RoseW - ()

I agree with you. My husband and I were blatantly lied to about the mayan palace timeshare membership benefits. We discovered later and have since been trying to get out of the contract; but they dont seem to care at all if the sales people has lied or has given wrongful information; we have stressed this out to their service department but they simply do not care. All they want is to force us to stay. Sooner or later youll probably get a response here from a "Customer Service Representative" trying to apologize and convince you to contact them, DO NOT trust them! they are not able to do anything regarding  of your problem, they just want to "clean" their terrible reputation

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: VC32 - ()

My husband and I took a vacation to Mexico. what appeared to be a relaxing trip, turned in to a nightmare on the second day when we were  invited to a Free Breakfast for ninety minutes. We purchased $36.000 with the same rental pitch hoping to use our weeks to pay it off.When we got back and realized we coulnt afford this purchase, we tried to cancel, no one from Mayan Palace accepted our Cancelation petition. Fortunately enough, we were able to cancel. However, that doesnt change the fact that Mayan Palaca uses misleading sales tactics.  I think youll be interested in reading this article from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how most of these scams are committed, you should give it a read:

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: VC32 - ()

Grand Mayan Resolution

AUTHOR: crigg - (USA)

This matter has been resolved to my satisfaction.