Complaint Review: Grand Rapids Truck Center

• Updated: Sun, March 25, 2012

• Reported By: Prime Logistics — Rochester Hills United States of America
Grand Rapids Truck Center
7405 Expressway Drive SW Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Grand Rapids Truck Center Josh Sparpana Knowingly sold me trucks that were unsafe to drive. Grand Rapids, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: They got me too!!

*Consumer Comment: How can you be sure?

*Author of original report: Grand Rapids Truck Center Josh Sparpana Knowingly sold me trucks that were unsafe to drive.

This dealer knowingly sold me trucks that were having some major mechanical issues including tires that were retread improperly and very unsafe. I spent I spent $112,000 on two trucks (2 2008 Peterbilt 387s with 380k miles) Both these trucks had fuel tank issues and I had to replace the head on the Dpf filter on both trucks that cost me $9000.00 including towing because both trucks broke down on side of the road. And just recently I found out that the tread on all the tires is crooked and very unsafe to drive it is causing the trucks to sway. And I just found out that one of the trucks also needs a gear box replaced. Now I have to spend another $11,000.00 to replace all the tires and gear box. I called Josh Sparpana who sold me the trucks to explain everything that was happening to the trucks and asked if there is anything he can do for me. He wasnt willing to do anything and was very slanderish and disrespectful on the phone and hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Be careful doing business with this dealership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Rapids-Truck-Center/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49548/Grand-Rapids-Truck-Center-Josh-Sparpana-Knowingly-sold-me-trucks-that-were-unsafe-to-drive-858787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Rapids Truck Center

They got me too!!

AUTHOR: Godson - (United States of America)

I was ripped off by these guys too.  I posted a report on the ripoffreport last year, I wish you would have read it to avoid the pain that you've been through.

My suggestion is to report them to the federal trade commission so they can add your experience to my mine and build a case against them.  Also report them to USDOT.

Good luck in the future.

How can you be sure?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"This dealer knowingly sold me trucks that were having some major mechanical issues"

The mechanic you hired (prior to spending $112K) missed the mechanical issues, so how can you be sure the dealer knew about the issues prior to purchase?

AUTHOR: Prime Logistics - (United States of America)

This dealer knowingly sold me trucks that were having some major mechanical issues including tires that were retread improperly and very unsafe. I spent I spent $112,000 on two trucks (2 2008 Peterbilt 387s with 380k miles) Both these trucks had fuel tank issues and I had to replace the head on the Dpf filter on both trucks that cost me $9000.00 including towing because both trucks broke down on side of the road. And just recently I found out that the tread on all the tires is crooked and very unsafe to drive it is causing the trucks to sway. And I just found out that one of the trucks also needs a gear box replaced. Now I have to spend another $11,000.00 to replace all the tires and gear box. I called Josh Sparpana who sold me the trucks to explain everything that was happening to the trucks and asked if there is anything he can do for me. He wasnt willing to do anything and was very disrespectful on the phone and hung up on me. Very unprofessional. Be careful doing business with this dealership.