Complaint Review: Grand Seas Resort

• Reported By: trlaw — Sanford Florida
Grand Seas Resort
2424 North Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida USA

Grand Seas Resort Owners Association Dues Daytona Beach Florida

In November of 2012, my husband and I upgraded our floating week time share at the Grand Seas for points.  The sales man told us that if we banked our week early we would get so many points to use where we wanted.  So we waited until the paperwork went through before we paid our association dues and banked our week.  After all was said and done, when i called the Grand Seas to pay my yearly association dues, there was a $53.26 late fee.  Stupid me did not write down the name of the man who promised to waive the late fee when I paid my dues.  He told me that it would take about a week for all the records to update.  I called about a week later and they assured mey that the records were not yet updated but there was information in the system about the agreement.  So at the end of March 2013 I called to book a night for my husband and I to stay over night and was told that I needed to pay the late fee.  Needless to say, I declined staying there.  The following Monday I telephoned the Grand Seas and spoke to a woman (once again, stupid me did not write down her name).  I explained what had happened and the woman told me that the man had since been fired and that she found notes about the agreement and that she would sent it to the legal section and get it taken care of.  Today, June 3, 2013, I receive a notice from the Owners Assocation that they are trying to collect a debt and that my $53.26 debt will be turned into a collection agency if I do not pay what I owe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Seas-Resort/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32118/Grand-Seas-Resort-Owners-Association-Dues-Daytona-Beach-Florida-1055967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Seas Resort