Complaint Review: Grand Voyager Travel

• Updated: Fri, October 21, 2005

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Grand Voyager Travel
Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Grand Voyager Travel - American Voyager Travel Promises promises, ripoff Tampa Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Sales Agent

*UPDATE Employee: this particular report is a former employee and not a member/agent

Let me share with you what these people are like. I purchased a membership to obtain a Travel Agent ID.
They started telling me that it would cost 5,995.00

I purchased the same for 1,995.00 because I was a federal employee and a veteran. They also asked me if i was a AARP member and that I would receive and additional 1,000.00 and when I told them I wasnt, they gave me an additional 1,000.00 off to pay cash.

When I show my ID at hotels, they laugh at me. When I showed it to AVIS, they called security! I have never been more embaressed in my life to be a veteran and a federal employee. More so... but to have purchased this product and to have been had by a bunch of scam artists.
Thank you Grand Voyager, American Voyager.

Julie
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2005 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Voyager-Travel/Tampa-Florida-33767/Grand-Voyager-Travel-American-Voyager-Travel-Promises-promises-ripoff-Tampa-Florida-159933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Voyager Travel

Sales Agent

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

First of All, it is my opinion that this particular report is a former employee and not a member/agent.

We do offer incentives for certain occupations, as well as, cash incentives. And the bottom - line with no resort weeks options should be $1995.

Our members are independant/outside Travel Agents that have the ability to receive an IATAN status should they book enough travel under their identification. ID's are to be shown after you have already booked a car rental, hotel, cruise, etc. and have gotten a Travel Agent rate. No one is guaranteed to get agent rates all the time. Ask any travel agent you want and they will tell you the same. When you go demanding prices off from suppliers they are not going to give it to you. And it sounds like Julie must of threatened some one to get security involved. NO ONE CALLS SECURITY FOR SHOWING AN AGENT CARD. Which is why I believe this is a false report.

Our program isn't perfect but if you take the classes we offer and apply some of our concepts with a little flexibility you will save alot of money for you, your family and friends.

this particular report is a former employee and not a member/agent

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)