Complaint Review: Grandpas' Dental

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2012

• Reported By:declo Idaho
Grandpas' Dental
53 W. 10600 S. Sandy, Utah U.S.A.

Grandpas' Dental ,American Dental , Wise Choice Warning! This warning is to try to help people to beware of Grandpa's Dental!!! Sandy Utah

*General Comment: strange peple

*General Comment: grandpas dental

*Consumer Comment: ****I LIKED GRANDPA'S DENTAL****

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: tooth fairy for the people

This warning is to try to help people to beware of Grandpa's Dental. It is my opinion they cannot be trusted. Grandpa's Dental's previous name was American Dental and previous to that it was Wise choice. They have always been a familiy owned buisness. Makes you wonder why they constantly change their name. Could it ahve anything to do with bad dentistry?

3 1/2 years ago I went to American Dental which is now grandpa's Dental to see about some dental work. I had no insurance so their blue light special in the thrifty nickle rading crowns for 299.00 caught my attention.I went in for one crown. After I left I was sold on 1300.00 dental work.

Sandy Rodrigues the wannabe dental manager told me that the price of crowns would go higher the next month and it would be to my benifit to get more at the time. She wanted me to replace all my crowns because she claimed hers would be better. She did sale me on two crowns. to this day all this time later Sandy Rodrigues is still selling crowns for 299.00 It is my oinion she lied to me then and she would lie to you now.

The crowns were installed by Dr. Louis A. Erickson. I had a bad feeling about him right off and should have just walked out but, to my mistake I didn't. He treated me badly. He Jabbed the needle in my gums, didn't give me enough deadener when he pulled the temps out. His facility was very low budget. I felt like I was in the getto with a mad scientist

He intalled two crowns one on the lower right which has been bothersome and painfull ever since. The other was a front uppper tooth. He make the crown to big. My opinion is he did this purposly. When he installed the crown my bite was bas so, he ground on the back of the crown untill he could grind no more. My bite was still bad. He then did what became the ultimate nightmare for me. He ground on my lower teeth to make the bite work. He disfigured my teeth, Changed my smile forever, and the way I looked and felt about myself.

In my opinion this was very gross negligence. I guess it is just considered poor dentistry to some. I am currently sueing Dr Louis A Erickson for dental work that was below the standard of care.

It is my opinion that this guy shouldn't be allowed to practice dentistry!

Because of the outcome of this I began to protest American Dental. Because of this SAndy Rodrigues took my emergency phone number off my records and called my mom. She did this to gain information about me. Things like where My familiy and I lived. It is my opinion that she did this to make me feel threatened to stop my protesting. She invaded my privacy. Isn't there a law about this??

She then sent a letter to the ajoining dr's claiming me to be a drug addict and to have irrational behavior. This I feel was a pathetic attempt to slander me. I am currently sueing Sandy R. for deflamation of charactor.

I am currently protesting Grandpas Dental. They claim to have their very own made special crowns and very good dentistry. Don't let the blue light special in the thrifty nickel fool you like it did me. You will get what you pay for.

My advice for you is if you want a great smile shop elsewhere for you're dental work.

It is my intention to protest at the capitol soon. It is my hope to some how make a difference in the laws concerning dentistry and the way people are treated. for instance we need a law preventing non dentists from running dental clinics.

Pleas contact me if you have had any bad experience or if you would like to give any input or advise.

Toothfairy
declo, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grandpas-Dental/Sandy-Utah/Grandpas-Dental-American-Dental-Wise-Choice-Warning-This-warning-is-to-try-to-help-pe-423322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grandpas' Dental

#1 General Comment

strange peple

AUTHOR: Hey Joe - (United States of America)

These are the same people who took a a full-page ad in the Tribune that was so wicked in its homophobia that even people against gay marriage attacked the viciousness of the ad. These people are loony tunes.

#2 General Comment

grandpas dental

AUTHOR: lynn webb - (United States of America)

Tooth Fairy: I thought you wrote a very good complaint stating a lot of the same problems I'm having with them.

I can not belive you would back down and say it was a misunderstanding.

I would like to talk to you if you would contact me.

Lynn w     (((Redacted)))

****I LIKED GRANDPA'S DENTAL****

AUTHOR: Jana M. - (U.S.A.)

Contrary to the above opinion, I like Grandpa's Dental. They provide good dental service, very reasonable prices, and the owners are very fair folks from Brazil. I like how they run a family business and keep the family employed and involved. I recommend Grandpa's Dental.

Update

AUTHOR: Toothfairy - (U.S.A.)

I posted the above comments about Grandpa's Dental and Dr. Louis A. Erickson. I wish to remove the above posting. We have resolved this matter, which was a misunderstanding between us.

tooth fairy for the people

AUTHOR: Toothfairy - (U.S.A.)

Thankyou tooth fairy for the people