• Report: #201495

• Submitted: Mon, July 17, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 18, 2006

• Reported By:Lafayette Louisiana
Granite City Pet Hospital
2935 South 2nd Street Nationwide U.S.A.

Granite City Pet Hospital ripoff Customer Service no consideration for online customers won't respond to emails St. Cloud Minnesota

*Author of original report: Granite City Pet Hospital Rip-Off on Customer Service

I ordered special food for my sick dog, Order ID: 98718316KU346200N, for $175 and received a receipt from accounting@virtualclinics.net. The receipt said to contact them for tracking and shipping information. I emailed them for a tracking number and received a reply from Abe with a copy of the email he sent to Erik, who is in charge of the shipping, asking him to send me the tracking number.

A few days later I emailed Abe to say that Eric never replied. Abe sent him another email asking again to send me the tracking number. Abe also sent me a number, 320-252-0277, where I could reach Abe. I replied that I did not want to pay for a phone call to get Erik to respond to a paying customer.

Eric is the business manager for the shipper, Granite City Pet Hospital, 2935 South 2nd Street, St. Cloud, Minnesota 56301. This hospital is co-owned by two veterinarians, Drs. Jeffery Nelson and Alyssa Erlandson. I used the contact link on their web site, www.GraniteCityPet.com, and politely asked them to see that I received a tracking number, since Erik did not respond.

Again, I received no response.

Next, I emailed Abe again with the information that Drs. Erlandson and Nelson, had not replied. I asked Abe to find out if the purchase had been shipped and to cancel the order if it had not. I asked him to reply immediately.

Abe did not reply.

So, I finally called long-distance to speak to Eric. The woman who answered the phone told me immediately, without checking, that he was on another line. I left my name and number for him to call me back.

Then I called and left a message for Abe asking if my order had shipped and to cancel the order if had not. A few hours later Eric sent an email saying my order was on back-order. I cancelled the order

These people received my payment in advance and would not respond to repeated requests for a tracking number. Eric could have easily responded by saying it is on back-order. The owners could have made sure I got a reply. Their web site says shipments can be expected in 7-10 days. It took 10 days of constant badgering to find out it is on back-order.

George
Lafayette, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2006 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Granite-City-Pet-Hospital/nationwide/Granite-City-Pet-Hospital-ripoff-Customer-Service-no-consideration-for-online-customers-wo-201495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Granite City Pet Hospital

Granite City Pet Hospital Rip-Off on Customer Service

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

The following is the last sentence in my report. One word should be added to be completely truthful about my experience.

"Judging from my personal experience, I advise everyone not to order anything from Granite City Pet Hospital if you expect any type of customer service."

The last sencence should read:

"Judging from my personal experience, I advise everyone not to order anything online from Granite City Pet Hospital if you expect any type of customer service."

My only (and last) experience with them involved online ordering.

stable