Complaint Review: Grant Educational Resources

• Submitted: Fri, January 05, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 05, 2007

• Reported By:Davenport Iowa
Grant Educational Resources
1800 Mineral Springs Suite 130 North Providence, Rhode Island U.S.A.

Grant Educational Resources $298.00 Rip-Off North Providence Rhode Island

I was contacted by this Company, told that I was guaranteed to receive a minimum of $5000.00 within six months of my returning grant application forms. The money was to pay for the processing of these forms and cost of getting them to me.

I told them I would go ahead with this after several questions were answered to my satisfaction. They were to debit my checking account on Oct. 11, 2006, and I was to receive their packet of forms within 15-20 business days.

On Oct. 7,2006, I called the Customer Service number I had obtained to tell them I did not wish to go through with the transaction, as I really couldn't afford it. I got an answering machine that told me all reps were busy and to leave my phone number and name for a call back (I called during their stated business hours of M-F 10:00 am-4:30 pm EST). I called again on the 8th and 9th with the same results.

On the 10th of October, I received a phone call from the same person who had contacted me originally, Sean Bennett, and he again tried to convince me to sign up for this. I told him that I had already signed up and was trying to cancel the transaction, could I speak to his supervisor. He simply said,"Oh, you've been contacted already? You don't want the free money?" I told him no, and I wanted to cancel the first transaction. He just appologized for calling me and hung up.

Do NOT fall for this SEEMINGLY valid ploy!!!

Davenport, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2007 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Educational-Resources/North-Providence-Rhode-Island-02904/Grant-Educational-Resources-29800-Rip-Off-North-Providence-Rhode-Island-229003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Educational Resources