Complaint Review: Grant Information Guide

• Reported By:Alma Michigan
Grant Information Guide
Alma, Michigan U.S.A.

Grant Information Guide Its not the first time Ripoff Alma Michigan

I was recently called by a man named Rikki Parker. He had a thick asian accent and was very persistant. He had told me that i was approved for a government grant of anywhere between $5,000 and $20,000 dollars. I told him i had not applied for one and he said that the state had done a survey of homes in need and that i was one of about 2,000 homes approved.

He told me about an information packet that I would recieve in the mail and that i would recieve my check within a few weeks. He seemed ligit till he asked for my checking account number. When i refused, he insisted that i take a chance and go for the free government money.

I suggested he send me the information first and he refused, saying he needed my number to confirm my information and to send a verification number with my packet. When i refused again, telling him i was unsure, he said he would call back again the next day and hung up.

Shortly after, i came to this web site and sure enough, several stories about the same company, with the same thick accented man, EVEN the same EXACT phone number were already listed. When he calls back, i will be sure to bring this up and will enjoy hearing his reaction to being caught red handed.

Stacy
Alma, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2005 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Information-Guide/Alma-Michigan/Grant-Information-Guide-Its-not-the-first-time-Ripoff-Alma-Michigan-150775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Information Guide