Complaint Review: Grant Instructor, Grant Guide, Grant Everyday

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:daphne Alabama
Grant Instructor, Grant Guide, Grant Everyday
5348 Las Vegas Dr, Suite 866, Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant Instructor, Grant Guide, Grant Everyday fraudulent, scam, ripoff, Las Vegas Nevada

I responded to an ad concerning this company. Unlike Lisa, I never received ANY information at all. No disk, no brochure, no nothing.
I attempted to cancel my "free trial" on several occasions to no avail. I called within the hours of operation listed on the website, however, all I could get was classical music then a dial tone.
I noticed a $9.38 charge on my credit card and attempted to call and cancel yet again. Nothing!!
After I received a $68.13 charge on my account, I was determined to get a response. I called at 7:45 on a tuesday night and to my surprise, I got an answer.
The first person I spoke with told me that my account would be cancelled. I asked him about a refund and he told me that I should have read the terms and conditions. I responded simply "I did". He told me there was nothing he could do.
I asked to speak to the supervisor, he told me she was unavailable. I told him that I had been trying to call and cancel my account, according to the terms and conditions, he told me that it was unfortunate that my call was never answered and that there was no way a refund would be available.
Frustrated, I hung up and called again to see if I could get another represenative. I did. After giving her my name and e-mail address, she told me that my account had been canceled and hung up on me.
I called back. Another female answered and politely told me that this was just the cancellation department and she could not help me. I told her that I would just turn my case over to my lawyer and her response completely astounded me. She stated "Why would you spend 500 to 1000 dollars to only be refunded less than a hundred dollars?"
If I wasn't sure before, I was painfully aware now that I had been scammed. I would seriously advise anyone that is considering the 2.95 info for gov't grants to reconsider. My wife reminded me of the old saying "If it's too good to be true, it probablly is". That is CERTAINLY the case with this company.
Please don't be scammed by this company as I was. I am going to find every possible blog site to post this information so that these people will stop preying on and scamming HONEST people.

Jimbo
daphne, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Instructor-Grant-Guide-Grant-Everyday/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/Grant-Instructor-Grant-Guide-Grant-Everyday-fraudulent-scam-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-428139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Instructor, Grant Guide, Grant Everyday