Complaint Review: Grant Research Guide

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:Guthrie Oklahoma
Grant Research Guide
www.grantresearchguide.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant Research Guide Big rip off I purchsed a disk and ended up being billed for $68.13 Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: THE SCAM IS SELLING INFORMATION THAT IS FREE FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

I answered an e-mail and ordered a grant assistance disk for less than a charge of $2.

The company put a charge of $68.13 on my credit card. When I called and asked them what that was for they said that in addition to the disk I had the use of their research guide for a 7 day test and when I didn't call and cancell it out they automatically billed me $68.13 and would continue each month until i canceled it.

I canceled it immediately. They said that although I was paying in advance for the use of their guide they couldl not refund any unused portion of the charge, But I could use the guide for the remainder of the month.

I asked them for the web page to use it and they gave it to me. When I tried to connect only one line came up on the screen (the web page name) and then it just locked up. I called them back and they gave me another web page name. When it came up it did display a complete page but it would not respond to any further command.

I called back and was told that they were having trouble with the system and they could not help me.

Jack
Guthrie, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Research-Guide/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Grant-Research-Guide-Big-rip-off-I-purchsed-a-disk-and-ended-up-being-billed-for-6813-La-424728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Research Guide

THE SCAM IS SELLING INFORMATION THAT IS FREE FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Your first mistake was buying information that is already free.

Your second mistake was not reading the terms conditions that stated this would happen..

label