Complaint Review: Grant Resource Center

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2008

• Reported By:Savannah Georgia
Grant Resource Center
www.grantresourcecenter.com Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant Resource Center - Raven Media - Grant Search DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! Las Vegas Nevada

I saw an ad for this company on 5-5-08 while searching for grants funding. They have a very impressive audio video with a gentleman detailing all the services they can provide for you. At the end of the video, you get a message saying for just $2.95 S&H you can get their "free" CD; there is no mention that this is a on-going service or additional charges. The ad as says that you would be billed in two (2) parts $1.95 and then $1.00. The two-part billing set off a red flag in my mind and I decided to check for the name on Ripoff Report.com. Sure enough, I saw several complaints.

I pulled up my debit card statement and they had made the $1.95 charge to my account, listing their business as Grant Search. I called the 800-number on the statement and got a recording that simply said "Customer Service." When someone came on the line, I told her I wanted to cancel this service. A female representative then proceeded to tell me that if I cancelled I would not longer have access to their Grant Master, Express Business Funding or Network Agenda services. Nowhere in the advertising are any of these three named mentioned.

I asked for all the services to be cancelled. I was given three (3) separate cancellation confirmations indicating that if I had not called, I would more than likely have been billed for three (3) services. Furthermore, if I had not called, additional charges would have been placed on my card.

When I asked for the company she told me Raven Publishing, another name that was not found in the advertisement.

Savannah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2008 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Resource-Center/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Grant-Resource-Center-Raven-Media-Grant-Search-DO-NOT-DEAL-WITH-THESE-PEOPLE-Las-Ve-330809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Resource Center