Complaint Review: Grant Resource, Funding Resourse, Grant Guide, New Grants

• Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Altoona Pennsylvania
Grant Resource, Funding Resourse, Grant Guide, New Grants
Grantresearchguide.com Internet U.S.A.

Grant Resource, Funding Resourse, Grant Guide, New Grants paid $2.95 for shipping on a free cd. Had no idea that I would be paying 49.50 for the next 8 months. Internet

*Consumer Comment: THIS IS A COMMON, OLD RIP-OFF...

Wanted some information on writing for a grant. An add popped up for a free cd! I only had to pay $2.95 for shipping. They signed me up without my knowledge for a website that I have never visited or cared to visit for a fee of $49.50 per month. I never realized that I was even being charged this. My bad for not looking at my credit card statement more carefully.

As soon as I did find out I called my credit card company and they told me that I had to call the company on the statement. I went back and called all of the numbers listed for that company and was not able to get through to any of them. A few of the phone numbers are not in service and the other ones may be busy for a whole month and the other ones put you on hold forever indefinately!

They have charged my credit card a total of $396 to date. My credit card company will not let them charge anymore fees on my card. But now I am out almost 400 dollars for nothing! This so called company, that does not exist is clearly a scam!!!! I as well as my credit card company to this day have not been able to connect with anyone via phone or email.

This company clearly needs to be recognized for the sneaky slimey way it operates!!! I am out alot of money so that a thief can line his pockets. Beware of this scam!!!

Amy
Altoona, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Resource-Funding-Resourse-Grant-Guide-New-Grants/internet/Grant-Resource-Funding-Resourse-Grant-Guide-New-Grants-paid-295-for-shipping-on-a-fre-401366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Resource, Funding Resourse, Grant Guide, New Grants

THIS IS A COMMON, OLD RIP-OFF...

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Crooks on the Internet offer a "loss leader" to get you to respond to their site.

Like mortar and brick retail sales, a LOSS LEADER is a gimmick to get you to come into their store and then there is the BAIT AND SWITCH. Turns out, in most cases, that the bargain item has just been sold or it is of such cheap and shoddy quality that they will offer to sell you one like it only it is substantially more expensive.

The RIP-OFF in your case, is there guys offer you a deal that is JUST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE FOR CHEAP, BELOW DIRT CHEAP EVEN, RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP. This activates my radar right away!

THINK! HOW CAN THEY AFFORD TO MAKE A PROFIT AND TURN THESE CDs OUT AND PAY THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING TOO?

THE ANSWER IS THEY ARE TRYING TO SCAM YOU WITH THIS OFFER WHICH OFTENTIMES IS ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE .. USE YOUR CREDIT CARD...
AND NOW THEY HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER--FOR WHATEVER THEY WANT TO USE IT FOR. AND MAYBE YOU WILL GET THE PRODUCT, MORE LIKELY, YOU WON'T....WHAT A SCAM
THEY MIGHT SEND YOU A DISK THAT WILL GET ALL OF YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND PERSONAL IDENTITY INFORMATION IF YOU STORE IT IN YOUR COMPUTER AND SEND IT ON TO THEM...

YOU WON"T GET WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE PAYING FOR IN ANY CASE AND THEY "GOTCHA!"

TO RECAP: IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT ISN'T AND THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE THESE DAYS ON THE INTERNET!
I DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE INTERNET!