Complaint Review: Grant Resource Guide, grant Research Guide, the Reward Store

• Updated: Fri, March 20, 2009

• Reported By:Peoria Illinois
Grant Resource Guide, grant Research Guide, the Reward Store
Internet U.S.A.

Grant Resource Guide, grant Research Guide, the Reward Store, And 12 Other Names ripped me off for $2.95& didn't get cd ,then took $35.75 out of account after i canceled Internet

*Consumer Comment: ITS ALL A SCAM - MOST WEBSITES CREATED AFTER OBAMA WAS ELECTED WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE OF RIPPING OFF AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE

I was trying to get a federal grant to fix up my house and to pay off a loan. I seen this advertisment about free grants that would come from the goverment on the internet.

I got on the site and filled out a form to receive a cd on how to write grants and it was also supose to have addresses of gov places that you sent the applicationsi to.

They said I had 7 days free access to the web site and if I join their website it would cost me $35.75 which would be deducted from my bank account each month if I didn't cancel in the 7 days.

The next day I got a call from some lady by the name Omato and she tried to get me to join the web site but I told her no and she gave me a conformation # so that the $35.75 wouldn't be taken out of my account.

I never did got the cd and that was 2 months ago then this month I was checking my account and seen where $35.75 had been taken out by a company called the reward store com.

The bank got the # for me and I called [877 207 6561] it was a company I never heard of, I told that gal I didn't know of her com and didn't give anybody permission to take money out of my account.

She got mad and told me her company would put the money back in my account. But it would take 7-10 days for it to be put back.

I'll have to wait and see I guess course like grant research guide said the same thing about the $2.95 and it has never been put back inot my account!

Poppy44
Peoria, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Resource-Guide-grant-Research-Guide-the-Reward-Store/internet/Grant-Resource-Guide-grant-Research-Guide-the-Reward-Store-And-12-Other-Names-ripped-me-435821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Resource Guide, grant Research Guide, the Reward Store

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

YOU CAN FIND CONSUMER INFO ON SCAMS IF YOU WOULD ONLY BOTHER TO LOOK.
THE FOLLOWING IS FROM CONSUMERAFFAIRS.COM

Government Giving Away Money? Don't Count On It
Ads promising personal grants are scams ... at best

The "free money" scam has been around almost as long as the human species. It has more variations than a bulldog has wrinkles but you can count on one thing: the government (any government) does not simply give money away to individuals. Anyone who tells you differently has larceny in his heart. If you give him your bank account number, he will soon have your funds in his pocket.

It does no good to list all of the names used by these bunko artists because a.) they change all the time and b.) every single free-money government-grant offer is a scam. Period.