Complaint Review: Grant Resource Guide

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
Grant Resource Guide
5348 Vegas Drive, Suite 866 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant Resource Guide I was trying to find a government grant, and these people ripped me off!! Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Cancel your card

I recieved a call on my cell phone asking me if I was looking for a grant. I had visited a few websites and they must have gotten my number from them. The person on the other end was Indian, or Pakistani, or whatever, and I could barely understand them. But I tried. He told me it was only $2.95 to get started, and that that was the only charge involved. Two weeks later, still not having a disk, my credit card was charged $49.50 without my permission. I was furious, and feeling ripped off, so I tried to call them and cancel. The phone number provided on my credit card report DID NOT work, and I have been calling it since. NOW I understand they will charge me again!?!?! What can I do??

Lordminx
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Resource-Guide/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89108/Grant-Resource-Guide-I-was-trying-to-find-a-government-grant-and-these-people-ripped-me-o-389753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Resource Guide

Cancel your card

AUTHOR: Andrewh - (U.S.A.)

It may seem like a pain,but i would cancel your card number and get a new card number. deny the exsisting charges, and explain this to your card company. you are not alone, this scam ring is ripping people off under multiple grant software titles, over 2 dozen I've counted so far. They got me for over $300 dollars in a weeks time because I ordered 3 different titles, from 3 different websites, on the same day. (Thought for 1-2 dollars each, i might as well pick the one i like)

There was no mention of membership, no password issued,etc in my case. It was simpley free website access, or pay to have the program disc sent to you. Of course the software on the 2 disks i did receive is nothing more than an interface with links to the websites info.

With paypal users, they will take out paypal charges also. they could not do this with me so they took billpay charges on my account. So check these items also. Check your history since the date of your original purchase. I had 9 charges in a 7 day period, all under different descriptions and amounts.