Complaint Review: Grant Search Assistant Aka Express Business Funding

• Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Kapaa Hawaii
Grant Search Assistant Aka Express Business Funding
www.grantsearchassistant.com Internet U.S.A.

Grant Search Assistant Aka Express Business Funding offered "free" CD, billed for shipping only, then billed my credit card for monthly charges I never agreed to pay Internet Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

*Author of original report: Grant Search Assistant I am shocked these people are still able to get away with this

I agreed to receive a "free" CD and gave my credit card information with the promise that it was only for a $3.97 shipping and handling charge for the CD. I am always hesitant to give out my credit card on the internet, but since this was a so-called "government" site, I mistakenly believed it to be trustworthy. After giving my information, I was suddenly informed that I would be billed $30 per month for an "account" with grant search assistant. I never agreed to have them bill me for this "account". I tried to cancel immediately, but the web site conveniently does not offer a way to cancel.

J
Kapaa, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2006 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Search-Assistant-Aka-Express-Business-Funding/internet/Grant-Search-Assistant-Aka-Express-Business-Funding-offered-free-CD-billed-for-shipping-212188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Search Assistant Aka Express Business Funding

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

To J,

My name is Ryan Riddle, I am the General Manager of Raven Media. First, let me say, I'm sorry for any issues you have had. Our websites all have a "contact us" button that you can click on to receive customer service information, also, our phone number appears next to every charge our company makes to your account. I have review your account and it appears to be FULLY refunded. If you feel my staff did not treat you fairly or you have another complaint please let me know so that I may address it. Our company is committed to providing the best customer service possible to our customers and if we failed you in someway I'd like to know about it.

Our customer service number is 866-370-7270, there you will find a representative that can assist you with basic questions, concerns and cancellations.

If you'd like to address a problem directly with me, I can be reached via email at ryanr@wskc.org or via cell phone at 435-773-1795.

Sincerely,

Ryan Riddle
General Manager

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

I posted this complaint even before I had bothered to read all of the other complaints posted. Frankly, I am shocked and appalled at how similar my story is to the rest.

I never received this free CD either. When I called the number to cancel, I also spoke with a person who had an Indian accent. Normally I would never think twice about a person's cultural heritage, but the similarities are striking. Just as reported in other complaints, the person I spoke with never answered the phone with the name of the company. He simply stated "Customer Service". Now, how many customer service centers have you called that never stated the name of their company?

After "canceling" my supposed membership and getting my cancel confirmation number, I thought I was through with my problems. Later, I started reading through the complaints filed on this web site. Particularly, I read a statement about how even with the cancel confirmation number, people were still being charged money for these services. I became extremely upset and called the "customer service" number again. Well, big surprise, I got the exact same "representative" who even remembered my voice. Now how many legitimate customer service representatives have ever recognized your voice? I have never experienced such a thing, and believe me I have logged in plenty of time on customer service calls.

It disgusts me that these people have been allowed to continue operating this little scam of theirs. I plan to cancel the credit card before they can keep billing more unauthorized "membership fees". The fact that they continue to get away with this type of outrageous activity is repulsive.