Complaint Review: Grant Search Assistant - Grant Writer Pro

• Submitted: Tue, October 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 13, 2006

• Reported By:springtown Texas
Grant Search Assistant - Grant Writer Pro
gsassistant.com St George, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-986-2640
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

*Consumer Comment: Fine Print Is There For A Reason.

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

They got me on Grant Search Assistant & Grant Writer Pro both before I caught on. I had the first CD from GSA & a later email from Grant Writer Pro for a FREE CD, just pay shipping, thought it would be a good adjunct for the one I already had but had not yet opened(did not know was same company), FREE is the bait. They both hit my bank account for a total of almost $164(3 times for GSA & 1 for GWP @ 29.95 each plus the shipping-my bank caught on first & refused to pay on a 4th)then I contacted Wells Fargo to cease any payments to them & made a dispute thru their fraud claims dept that I am dealing with now. I called the 800# someone put on their report & got thru.

They cancelled me but only offered partial repayment so I asked for a supervisor who refused anything but cancellation & told me I was stupid for not reading their small print. I NEVER saw it - anywhere(must have been really small). I will keep a much closer check on my bank account. Used to just kinda scan it for what I expected balance to be & didn't check too close. These people just help themselves & have no moral or ethical base to them. Good luck to everyone else they have scammed. I hope we get the chance to hit them with a class action suit.

Springtown, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2006 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Search-Assistant-Grant-Writer-Pro/St-George-Utah/Grant-Search-Assistant-Grant-Writer-Pro-RIPOFF-PRO-SHOULD-BE-THEIR-NAME-OR-RATHER-NAMES-214021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Search Assistant - Grant Writer Pro

Fine Print Is There For A Reason.

AUTHOR: January - (U.S.A.)

I was sent the same offer via e-mail. I find it awfully interesting that the terms and conditions within the sales ad for Grant Writer Pro are clearly stated. If you cancel within the fourteen days, you will not be charged one red cent. I read this multiple times. Janice clearly states in her post that she, in essence, merely scans her bank statements. It only stands to reason she scans sales ads as well. The company ultimately repaid her for lack of paying attention. In my opinion, this, in itself, is a scam. It's always easier to shut up the consumer. The fact is, I have to wear bifocals and didn't have them on. I could still read the fine print. I am not an attorney, just an individual who reads. From what I perceived in her post, I think of the word "libel." As defined in the Oxford Dictionary, the term libel refers to a statement which damages a person's reputation based on published false statement. Because Janice failed to read the "fine print" she discredited a company based on misrepresentation. If she had taken the time to read what was clearly in front of my face, she would have followed the correct instructions, and never been charged any money. I don't know if the company could sue her, and really, it isn't even worth their time. Janice should learn from this experience and start reading everything (including her bank statements) alot more thoroughly. On taking this silliness to court, Janice, save your dignity. I saved the sales ad on my desktop on the 10th because I had misplaced my card. I wanted to order the software. Today, I had three e-mails from the company asking me if I wanted to unsubscribe. I suppose the moral to this story is to not blame others for your own irresponsibility. If you want something for free, read the fine print first. By giving your credit card information, you entered into a contract to pay for something in the event you did not cancel this contract within 14 days. This is in no way meant to be rude, I am just responding to what Janice indulged. I am still ordering mine.

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

First off to Janice, I apologize for any mistreatment you may have received by our customer service staff. We are fully committed to providing the best customer service possible to all of our customers and if we failed you, or you are another customer that is reading this and you feel we have failed you, please feel free to contact me directly and I will take care of it personally ASAP.

After reviewing Janice's accounts, I can say that all the charges in dispute have been refunded. We do our best to disclose the membership information that accompanies the free CD as it is stated on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and then sent to the customer in the confirmation email. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer ends.

Again Janice thank you for allowing me and my staff to assist you in resolving your complaint.

If you or anyone else reading this has any additional problems I can be reached directly on my cell phone at 435-773-1795 or via email at ryanr@wskc.org.

Ryan Riddle