• Report: #192699

• Updated: Tue, October 31, 2006

• Reported By:Hartsville South Carolina
Grant Search Assistant, SBA Express, Express Business Funding
Internet U.S.A.

Grant Search Assistant, SBA Express, Express Business Funding FRAUDULENT BILLING!! St. George Internet Nationwide *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Offer

During a rutine check of my checking account online, I found an odd charge of $49.95. I called the number listed by my bank and found that the company had my name, adress, debit card number and also an unknown e-mail and phone number. I explained that this charge was not made by me and they immediately agreed to refund my money without hassle. (or so I thought)

The problem arose when I found that their fraudulent charge in turn caused other valid charges to bounce. Costing me an additional $100.00 in insufficent fund fees. Obviously, if the $49.95 was painful the $100.00 is more painful.

I contacted the bank and they stated that they would not drop all of the fees but they would drop some of them with a simple letter from US Grant (or pick an AKA) stating that this charge was a mistake and was being refunded. Sounds simple enough, right???

I contacted US Grant and was promptly told that issuing a letter is against company policy (even though they agreed to refund my money) and that they will mark the account with a note that "I" said it was fraudulent. The only other thing they will do is talk to the bank for me, IF the bank will call them...HAHAHAHA

Why would I have bothered to cancel the debit card that the charges were made on and go through that headache if it wasn't fraud??? This is insane!

Clearly they are an illegitimate and dishonest company who preys on innocent people!

Guard your debit cards closely people!!! And fight any fraudulent charges regardless!!!

Hartsville, South Carolina

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2006 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Search-Assistant-SBA-Express-Express-Business-Funding/internet/Grant-Search-Assistant-SBA-Express-Express-Business-Funding-FRAUDULENT-BILLING-St-Geo-192699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Search Assistant, SBA Express, Express Business Funding

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

First of all I want to offer my apologies for the previous resolution offer; it was submitted to Rip-off Report.com in error. Secondly I want to again offer my apologies to Allison.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate an account for Allison, but I would like to help her with the resolution she is seeking. It is not my company's desire to bill customer's for services they are not utilizing.

You can cancel through the customer service department at 866-370-7270.

I demand that our company provides professionalism and respect to our clients and when we fail them in this or any area I would like to resolve it. If you are another client reading this and you feel we've failed you in some way please contact me ASAP so that I can help you resolve your concerns.

I can be reached on my cell phone at 435-773-1795 or via email at ryanr@wskc.org.

Ryan R.

Resolution Offer

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

First of all let me offer my sincerest apologies to Allison.