Complaint Review: Grant Services Incorporated - GSI

• Reported By:SALT LAKE CITY Utah
Grant Services Incorporated - GSI
Nationwide U.S.A.

Grant Services Incorporated - GSI ripoff, financial fraud, scam Nationwide

My wife was contacted by a person from GSI at the end of October. The lady that she spoke to was a Mary John, Employee # 088. The lady gave her the same song and dance as the others on this website.

We have been in the same tax bracket for the last 4 years and we qualify for a $6000 federal grant. All she would need was our bank routing number and our account number.

We would need to pay a $298 processing fee, and have to wait 21-28 days before receiving the money. My wife was smart enough to tell her that we wouldn't have the $298 processing fee till the 16th of November.

The lady would only give my wife a toll free number to contact: 1-866-999-1896. We never got a firm business address, nor any other real identifyiing information about the company. Of course, to make it look official, they gave us a transaction number in case we "wanted" to call back and get a status on our grant from them.

I called back that day and several times over the next couple of days, and not once was I able to get a person on the phone to speak to. If you call them on the weekend, the message that they have does not even identify what business or person that you are calling. This leaves a very big question mark in my head, as to the validity of their business.

As soon as I saw the posts on this website from other people, I sent a fax to my bank to block any requests for payments from GSI. It looks like they were blocked when they tried to request the money electronically, but were able to get some kind of paper request through, and the money has been taken from our account. The bank, though, has agreed to review the transaction since, I had in place a signed request denying any funds to go to GSI. We will see what happens, though.

Thank you to all the others who have taken the time to post on this website the problems that they have had with these scam artists. This has at least allowed me to respond faster to this problem.

Troy
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2005 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Services-Incorporated-GSI/nationwide/Grant-Services-Incorporated-GSI-ripoff-financial-fraud-scam-Nationwide-165214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Services Incorporated - GSI