Complaint Review: Grant University, NET Detective, Ideal Wealth Builder Club (IWB)

• Submitted: Sat, February 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 08, 2009

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Grant University, NET Detective, Ideal Wealth Builder Club (IWB)
450 Hillside Drive-Blvd B, Ste 200 Mesquite, Nevada U.S.A.

Grant University, NET Detective, Ideal Wealth Builder Club ,IWB Honored Cancellation of One Offer; Stole Money Under Another Name Mesquite Nevada

*Author of original report: More Grant University Affiliates? Robert Allen Media:(IWB) Reno Nevada; Razor Eye Media: Web Detector Pro and Privacy Chest; Robert Allen Media, Reno, Nevada

The Grant University has stolen $69.95 from my checking account monthly since September, 2008. I discovered the theft January 2009 and called the number listed on my bank statement. I reached a call center of unknown origin and an operator who spoke heavily accented English.

The call resulted in my being told that I had ordered the Grant University CD on August 11, 2008 and failed to cancel within the five-day cancellation period; therefore, the monthly $69.95 fee for their "services" began September, 2008. My protests regarding never having ordered anything related to a Grant University CD went unheeded. There was nothing they could do, and no refunds would be issued. The call center then terminated my call by hanging up!

After the call, I remembered a transaction that I did make some time in August of 2008. While searching for a relative on line, I came across a site called NET Detective which offered a "free trial" of their services for $1.95. I noted the 3-day cancellation policy and paid for the search with my debit card. The same day, I found the information I was seeking and called the number provided to cancel their services. Several attempts later, I reached an operator who accepted my cancellation. Upon my insistence, I even received an e-mail confirmation of the cancellation. I mistaking believed I had fulfilled my obligation to cancel in 3-days and I my relationship with NET Detective was terminated.

The pieces of this internet theft puzzle fell into place, when I "Googled" The Grant University and found the hundreds of rip-off reports about this scam. Several victims reported links between NET Detective, Grant University, and Ideal Wealth Builder Club. No wonder NET Detective was so accommodating to acknowledge my cancellation! They already had my debit card information which they plugged in to another of their affiliates.

I contacted my bank regarding the theft and canceled my debit card. As soon as I have a police report claim number, the bank can take action to recover any thefts that took place within the past 90 days (Nov-Jan). My next step is to convey this information to my State Attorney General for full recovery of my money.

Mimi
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-University-NET-Detective-Ideal-Wealth-Builder-Club-IWB/Mesquite-Nevada-89027/Grant-University-NET-Detective-Ideal-Wealth-Builder-Club-IWB-Honored-Cancellation-of-On-421389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant University, NET Detective, Ideal Wealth Builder Club (IWB)

AUTHOR: Mimi - (U.S.A.)

After checking my junk mail, I found more suspect web sites that (coincidentally) contacted me via e-mail after I canceled NET Detective.

August 12, 2008 (one day after my call to cancel NET Detective): Robert Allen Media, www.robertallenmedia.com--offer to join Ideal Wealth Building Club, 5190 Neil Road - Ste. 430, Reno, Nevada 89501

September 15, 2008: Razor Eye Media: Web Detector Pro--Acknowledgment of cancellation

September 15, 2008: Razor Eye Media: Privacy Chest--Acknowledgment of cancellation

Wally