• Report: #207968

• Updated: Thu, September 07, 2006

• Reported By:Kingman Arizona
Grant Writer Pro
grantwriterprofessional.com Internet U.S.A.

Grant Writer Pro ripoff! scam! charged back account without permission. Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: Update on Grant Writer Pro Rip Off

I ordered this program to assist a non profit org with grant writing. I agreed to be billed 3.97 for Shipping and handling on my FREE CD.

Next thing I know they have charged my account 29.95 and it caused a overdraft fees of an extra 33.00. I Called and Canceled the account on the 21st of August and figured screw it, I will just eat the fees, at least I am done with them,

But today, on August 25, I check my bank account and am astonished to find they have charged me 29.95 AGAIN and again, did it when I had like 10 bucks in my account and again have a 33.00 overdraft fee.

I called GWP again, and asked them why I was charged on 8/23 another amount of 29.95, when I had in fact canceled the account on 8/21. They said that the money was already transfered when i called. I told them that was awful convenient and asked to speak to a manager. Was put on hold, told to wait, got Phone idiot back, and same old song and dance, Said I was going to file charges with the BBB, was put on hold again, and then was given a confirmation number and told that my account will be credited for 29.95 in 10-14 days. I somehow doubt I will after reading all this BS by this con artist.

I am calling my bank and filing fraud charges right now. I happen to be on SSD and don't have much income so when I get hit for ridiculous fees and overdrafts due to this kind of BS, it hurts me bad, It usually means I will do without meds for the month, or something equally as damaging. I will keep you all posted.

So far this free program has cost me 3.97 in shipping and handling, 29.95 X2 and 33.00 X2 in over draft fees. It don't look like any kind of great deal to me. And I have been told it may cost me another 29.00 in fees to stop them on my bank account. If you have ever been disabled and had to live on SSD, you would quickly know how destructive is for me. I am so angry right now.

Will keep you posted.

Tammie
Kingman, Arizona
CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it!Make sure theymake the Rip-off Report.. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Writer-Pro/internet/Grant-Writer-Pro-ripoff-scam-charged-back-account-without-permission-Las-Vegas-Nevada-207968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Writer Pro

Update on Grant Writer Pro Rip Off

AUTHOR: Tammie - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to say that surprisingly enough, after I filed the fraud charges with my Bank, Wells Fargo, and they assisted me with filing with Federal Trade Commission, and BBB and were willing to go farther if necessary, Grant Writer Pro DID in fact refund my money. They had told me 10-14 days and I got it in eight.

I still think its a bogus company, but consider myself lucky that they did indeed refund my money, NOw, they have NOT refuned my overdraft fees caused by them taking money out of my account in an unauthorized manner, but the bank I beleive is going to take care of that. So, if anyone else is waiting on Refunds by Grant Writer Pro, I just wanted to do an update and say I recouped my money from them.

Tammie