Complaint Review: Grantfundingsearch.com

• Submitted: Tue, March 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:SmallTown Arkansas
grantfundingsearch.com Internet U.S.A.

Grantfundingsearch.com would not acknowledge my cancellation of their services. Internet

I requested a FREE CD to be shipped and I would pay the $1.98 on February 25, 2009. They set me up for a $69.95 recurring monthly charge that I would have seven days to cancel. Also, they set me up for another company to charge me $29.95 for another recurring monthly charge for a FREE 21 day trial, during which I could cancel at any time.

I tried to call them at the phone number given in the instructions on February 26, 2009, but could not get anyone to talk to, could not leave a message, could not leave a paging number. I tried three times, at least, if not more, getting more and more angry. Finally, I decided to just email them complaining about not being able to contact them. (They advertise 24 hour, 7 day a week, ability to be contacted).

On the same day, I emailed them and requested in huge black bold capital letters that I wanted everything cancelled, that they had not been up front with me on the website concerning all the charges, and that I could not reach them by phone.

March 4, 2009, I received an email stating that they were 'sorry about my inconvenience' and that my account was cancelled that very day.

Yesterday was the 9th of March and I found, on my bank statement online, a $69.95 charge, so I tried to call and still could not reach anyone. I copied the previous emails and sent them to show I wanted my money back since I had cancelled within the time frame listed and that THEY had not cancelled it until the following day, making it necessary for me to pay the money.

This morning, I tried again before I went to the bank to stop payment or try to, and actually got a live person, Andy, who asked me repeatedly to resend the previous emails so they could 'verify' my claims. I was furious since I had JUST forwarded them thirty minutes earlier and they had no record of anything that I had done except the one email I had sent complaining about all the spam mail I was now getting at that particular address showing that they had also passed the email address around. The ones concerning the cancellation were no where to be found.

I asked how I would know if they got these if they never got the others. No answer was forthcoming about that small problem. Andy guaranteed me that she would respond in an email saying that my new ones had been received.

The end is that I still have not gotten an email back stating that they received any of the new FOUR that I sent.

I have gone to my bank, had to order a new debit card, dispute the charge, and generally take up a lot of my time, so do not do business with this company.

SmallTown, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2009 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grantfundingsearchcom/internet/Grantfundingsearchcom-would-not-acknowledge-my-cancellation-of-their-services-Internet-432674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grantfundingsearch.com