Complaint Review: Grantham University

• Submitted: Sun, November 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 16, 2011

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Grantham University
www.grantham.edu , Kansas U.S.A.

Grantham University Only want your money!!! Their policy is garbage! grantham.edu Kansas

*Consumer Comment: I am a Grantham Graduate

*Consumer Comment: Great Experience

This school is run by CROOKS WITH NO ETHICS, they have absolutely no interest on their students life's or financial situations. One of their stupid policies is, that if you fail a final exam you will fail the whole course, regardless of what your average grade was. You can get all A's while taking the course but if you fail the final for that course that's it, no more chances, you gotta take it again.

Thats the stupidiest policy Ive ever heard of, I called my student representative and I asked him what was the purpose of having me taking all these exams,waking up at 6AM every day and turning in 40-50 page assigments for 2 months,(7-A's, 2-B's and 2-D's, enough to pass a course I would think) if only the final exam counts and he could not answer me. I just wasted 9 months of my life, and $3,000 from my GI Bill. Plus their credits do not count anywhere else. Please stay away from these people if you value your time and money!

Jose
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2008 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grantham-University/Kansas/Grantham-University-Only-want-your-money-Their-policy-is-garbage-granthamedu-Kansas-394135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grantham University

I am a Grantham Graduate

AUTHOR: gijoe1701 - (United States of America)

You must realize that all tests during the course are open book.  You can even use preloaded software on your computer during the test (math calculators and the like). The final exam is the only proctored part of the course. From my experience, if you can pass the course tests, the final exams, while not the same questions, were of the same difficulty as the course tests.

My instructors provided feedback on my labs (I had computer programming courses) as well as constructive feedback on my papers. The only difficulty I had was when I wasn't receiving emails for around 2 weeks but then again at that time Grantham was in Slidell, Louisiana and hurricane Katrina ravaged the town and they had to move to Kansas City.

Great Experience

AUTHOR: Sfc All The Way - (U.S.A.)

I am in the military and completed my Masters in Information Management from Grantham. I had several student advisors who promptly responded to all my questions and guided me through the entire process. The advisor and faculty were very prompt. Since graduating from Grantham I started my PHD with Walden University. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org. Walden accepted 7 classes from Grantham which is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). As far as the final are concerned you are only required to pass the final but it doesn't have bearing on your classroom GPA.