- Report: #282867
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Grantwiter.tv, Aka, America Grant Writer Association
Grantwiter.tv, Aka, America Grant Writer Association3250 Wilshire Blvd Suite 809 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
Grantwiter.tv, Aka, America Grant Writer Association Grant Writing Company Scammed me out of $1500 Los Angeles California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I need options and help for this. I want to get a lawyer for this. I numerous emails saved of proof of communications with this company.
** Due to the poor service and communication, I cancelled the order and requested a refund on August 23rd and was told I would receive it. I had not by Sept 14th, so I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. I was called that day by a manager and told that I would receive my refund of $1500 in 30 days. By Oct 14 I had received NOTHING. In the third week of October, I received a call from the company and told the same thing..and I would receive it in 7 days. I still have received NOTHING. And now...the company does not exist on the Better Business Bureau database, website is down, and has changed its name to Grantwriter.tv.
***These are the reasons and frustration of what they did and why I wanted money back
1. I was promised a business plan included in the purchase by Judy Winters. I was then told it was not included after I had already paid.
2. After filling out a questionairre for them, I wrote 99% of the proposal. I had to write about 4pages of revision from the first draft. Grammer and content of the proposal did not make sense at all. Senteneces were repeated and put in paragraphs they did not belong. There was no writing on the company's part
3. I asked repeatedly for a list of the foundations that the company had researched for my business, and have not received anything for that. I was told before purchasing that the company would research a specific few foundations carefully, and then target those with my proposal. This was not done at all. I received two email from foundations that you sent my proposal to without research. My business did not even meet the applicaiton requirements. One did not fund a profit business, and the other did not fund outside a specific area, which was no where near where my business will be starting as stated in the info I gave the company.
4. I was told that the deadlnes for yearly grants are in June and July, and that I had to hurry purchase. I was also told that my proposal would have to be expidited. After much research, I find that this is not true at all either.
5. I was also told up front that I would be given a team of grant writers that would be working on my proposal. I did not even know who my writer was until I had to continuoulsy contact the compnay asking why I had not been contacted with any info. And there is not a team working on it, there is just one grant writer.
6. All the emails have not been clear in the language written. I have requested info and asked questions that do not get answered. I have to repeatedly send more messages asking a second and third time.
7. After I sent the company the foundations that sent me emails of decline due to the fact that I can't even apply for their grants, they simply said "Im sorry you are disatisfied with the process". I am not disatisfied with the grant process. They have not provided what they said they would in any area.
Victim of fraud service
Orange City, Florida
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2007 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grantwitertv-Aka-America-Grant-Writer-Association/Los-Angeles-California-90010/Grantwitertv-Aka-America-Grant-Writer-Association-Grant-Writing-Company-Scammed-me-out-282867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.