After months of lies and promise of a refund, I found this a Ripoff Report stating the same scam that I am facing now. I too found American Grant Writer Association thru their own fake review chart top10charts.org thru the keyword grant writer. They promised me a winning grant, and they wanted to send half of a deposit by money order only so i cannot file a chargeback. I started the process in May and it is now November and I am being scammed out of my money. The later i found out from other grant writers that nothing is guranteed and they did heard complaints about incident involving the fraud activities of this company. They told me to write a check to global payment center corp. which was aka Infinology corp from what is stated by bank investigators in the Ripoff report filed previous to mine. I had no recourse because it was check.
I need options and help for this. I want to get a lawyer for this. I numerous emails saved of proof of communications with this company.
** Due to the poor service and communication, I cancelled the order and requested a refund on August 23rd and was told I would receive it. I had not by Sept 14th, so I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. I was called that day by a manager and told that I would receive my refund of $1500 in 30 days. By Oct 14 I had received NOTHING. In the third week of October, I received a call from the company and told the same thing..and I would receive it in 7 days. I still have received NOTHING. And now...the company does not exist on the Better Business Bureau database, website is down, and has changed its name to Grantwriter.tv.
***These are the reasons and frustration of what they did and why I wanted money back
1. I was promised a business plan included in the purchase by Judy Winters. I was then told it was not included after I had already paid.
2. After filling out a questionairre for them, I wrote 99% of the proposal. I had to write about 4pages of revision from the first draft. Grammer and content of the proposal did not make sense at all. Senteneces were repeated and put in paragraphs they did not belong. There was no writing on the company's part
3. I asked repeatedly for a list of the foundations that the company had researched for my business, and have not received anything for that. I was told before purchasing that the company would research a specific few foundations carefully, and then target those with my proposal. This was not done at all. I received two email from foundations that you sent my proposal to without research. My business did not even meet the applicaiton requirements. One did not fund a profit business, and the other did not fund outside a specific area, which was no where near where my business will be starting as stated in the info I gave the company.
4. I was told that the deadlnes for yearly grants are in June and July, and that I had to hurry purchase. I was also told that my proposal would have to be expidited. After much research, I find that this is not true at all either.
5. I was also told up front that I would be given a team of grant writers that would be working on my proposal. I did not even know who my writer was until I had to continuoulsy contact the compnay asking why I had not been contacted with any info. And there is not a team working on it, there is just one grant writer.
6. All the emails have not been clear in the language written. I have requested info and asked questions that do not get answered. I have to repeatedly send more messages asking a second and third time.
7. After I sent the company the foundations that sent me emails of decline due to the fact that I can't even apply for their grants, they simply said "Im sorry you are disatisfied with the process". I am not disatisfied with the grant process. They have not provided what they said they would in any area.
Victim of fraud service
Orange City, Florida