Complaint Review: Granview Timeshare Resort

• Updated: Fri, August 09, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — St Thomas
Granview Timeshare Resort
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Granview Timeshare Resort Las Vegas resort Aggressive Sales Tactics, False Promises Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Timeshares are a Scam

My husband and I traveled to Las Vegas for an exciting trip away from home.  We got up the next morning and headed out to the clothing store as I forgot to pack my socks.  Before we got good into the store we were approached by a vendor offering all kinds of coupon gifts.  Finally my husband advised that we would go to see what the deals was about.  We went the next morning to see what it was and were shuttled to an off the beaten path, cross a highway and down a road location.

We entered and saw a brief presentation by a young lady and then were hearded into another room where someone would come and give us thier pitch.  She started off with " This is my day off, and they asked me to come in".  Just happened to be Halloween.  She spoke to us for about 30-45 minutes or so and then we were offered some food and beverage.

I suffer from a medical condition and my pains were getting really bad, so I asked my husband to wrap it up as I needed to go and take my meds and lay down.  2 hours later we were still in the office, the guy kept saying if you can afford that watch then this shouldn't be a problem.

We kept advising the guy that "now is not a good time, we are expanding our business and just relocated".  We advised that this is not in the budget at this time and maybe next time. He continured with how they can't offer this to us again for 18 months.  We continued to explain our position.

He then got wary of our declining to sign and then we were sent downstairs to another set of folks.  By this time we had spent the entire day at this location, I was in extreme pain and was wiling to do whatever it took to get out of there.  The last set of people gave thier pitch and we finally agreed to sign onto the timeshare deal.

We were then sent back upstairs to finish the paperwork and then finally we were able to go home.  We spent the majority of the day at that location.  The coupons/vouchers that they gave us was for a casino that you can't win money from.  Vouchers were as good as used tissue. Promises of how great our points were only to find out how difficult it was to use them.

Our next trip out we stayed at the resort only to be hounded again at another meeting to switch to another system.  "This is the last day and we can only offer this today as it will expire by tomorrow".  We were only there a couple of days and yet another day was spent trapped in thier offices of offers.

The thought of Vegas has been ruined and we have not been back since!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Granview-Timeshare-Resort/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Granview-Timeshare-Resort-Las-Vegas-resort-Aggressive-Sales-Tactics-False-Promises-Las-V-1074517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Granview Timeshare Resort

Timeshares are a Scam

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

Timeshare Ownership has consistently been known for three things: beautiful properties, incredible destinations and FRIGHTENING sales practices. Nevertheless, the reason for owning a timeshare has never changed – people simply want to spend quality time with their family and friends. Unfortunately, after being deceived by their developer, the majority of timeshare and vacation ownership owners have forgotten why they purchased a timeshare in the first place. They find themselves scratching their heads trying to figure out how they wound up deep in debt and angry over the process that landed them there