Complaint Review: Grass Roots

• Submitted: Fri, September 14, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Burleson Texas United States of America
Grass Roots

Grass Roots Helen Galloway I signed a contract as a mystery shopper and got my first assigment which was a cashiers check that was counterfit Helen insists its not but bank says it is, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same here!

On 9/06/2012 I was emailed by Grass Roots via my resume at Careerbuilders informing me that they had a open position for employment.i I checked it out and seemed cool. I signed contract and was to be a mystery shopper . The first assigment was to cash cashiers check at Wester Union and take my cut then send the rest of money to somebody in the UK . This drew a flag and now I have the check and called the bank to find out it is a counterfit check. I have all the paper work and emails at my office to confirm. Thanks !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grass-Roots/internet/Grass-Roots-Helen-Galloway-I-signed-a-contract-as-a-mystery-shopper-and-got-my-first-assig-941301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grass Roots

Same here!

AUTHOR: A - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for filing this report.  The same thing happened to me with the same person..Helen Galloway.  I knew it seemed way too good to be true!  And also, if you go to the website for the real Grass Roots company, it says on the bottom of the home page that it's a scam if someone asks you to wire a large amount of money.

I don't know how these people sleep at night.....worthless scum.