Complaint Review: Grassroots Campaigns

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Grassroots Campaigns
59 Temple Place Suite#402, Boston, Massachusetts 02111 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Grassroots Campaigns Beware of this corporation Grassroots Campaigns Los Angeles California

Beware of this corporation Grassroots Campaigns, who claims to work on behalf of the people in Civil Liberties, Women's Rights and Health Care reform. I worked for this company 2 days in June 09 on behalf of Undo Prop 8, going door to door begging at night for donations. The 1st night I collected $107 and the 2nd night I collected $10. On the 2nd night I was told that my services were not needed anymore, because I needed to collect $125 in 2 days. Well I was fine with the decision, because I was working very hard for little pay and no appreciation. Jackson, the Campaign Manager in the Los Angeles office stated that my check will be mailed to me on Friday, my last day was Wednesday. Two months later I'm still waiting on my check. The 1st excuse was that they put the wrong apartment # on the envelope; they mailed my check to #319 and not #318. So I talked to my neighbor, who said that she hadn't received any mail with my name.

Then Jackson stated that he would put a stop payment on the check, this was 1 month ago, and that they're waiting on confirmation from the bank. I guess they're using the Pony Express. So I called the headquarters in Boston and spoke to Brian and Karen, who informed me that they're still waiting on confirmation from the bank. Week 9 and I'm still waiting

DO NOT BUY INTO THEIR MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY SPEECH. THIS IS A FOR PROFIT, LOW PAYING MARKETING/FUNDRAISER CORPORATION.

Each week I will post a comment on Rip-Off and Craigslist in every city that there's a campaign office for Grassroots Campaigns,

Jocelyn
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 10:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grassroots-Campaigns/Los-Angeles-California/Grassroots-Campaigns-Beware-of-this-corporation-Grassroots-Campaigns-Los-Angeles-Californi-476187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grassroots Campaigns