Complaint Review: Gray Taxidermy

• Submitted: Thu, December 01, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2005

• Reported By:San Clemente California
Gray Taxidermy
712 NW 12th Ave. Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-785-6456
  • Web:
  • Category: Taxidermy

Gray Taxidermy ripoff, coercive Pompano Beach Florida

On Fri., Nov. 18 I caught a Marlin in Cabo
San Lucas and set it free. The skipper asked me if I wanted to have a replica mount of it, and after discussion I said that sounded like it would be nice. After a few hours, and on my way in I changed my mind. Little did I know that the skipper would pull the boat in to a different port, have a man board the boat and basically, in a foreign country, pressure me into signing for this mount. As there were other people on the boat waiting to go back to their hotel, I signed just to get rid of this guy.

When I returned to my room, I looked at the receipt and noticed it was a Florida company. I attempted to call them to no avail. I immediately emailed them within 1 hour of getting off the boat to let them know I did not want this mount and to not charge my card. After the weekend, 3 days later on Mon., I called them and told them I was not interested and not to do any work on it. On Nov. 28, nine days later, even though I cancelled the transaction within 1 hour of being pressured into it, they charged my credit card $603.

They are informing me this charge is non-refundable, and even hung up on me when I called them. How can I be charged $603 for work that was never, and will never, be performed. If I want the mount I need to pay another $673, if I don't want it they keep my $603 and do nothing.

What a rip-off. Do not do business with these people.

Eric
San Clemente, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2005 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gray-Taxidermy/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/Gray-Taxidermy-ripoff-coercive-Pompano-Beach-Florida-166505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gray Taxidermy