Complaint Review: Grease Monkey

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Joseph — CASTLEROCK Colorado
Grease Monkey
5450 Front Street Castle Rock, Colorado USA

Grease Monkey Charged me for a oil change did not install correct filter, car lost all oil and motor blew up and will not pay to replace motor. Castle Rock Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from the Owner

On Oct 17th 2013 brought my 2002 land rover to grease monkey at 5450 Front Street, Castle Rock Colordo 80104 for an oil change. They changed my oil and charged me for the oil change. I drove away and the oil filter came loose and all the oil drained from the engine and ceased the motor.

Contacted Grease Monkey and they said it was my fault, I said how is this my fault, I brought the vehicle to you for a service and you negelected to do the correct service and the engine blew up. So I am filling this report to see if any body else has a similar problem and can help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grease-Monkey/Castle-Rock-Colorado-80104/Grease-Monkey-Charged-me-for-a-oil-change-did-not-install-correct-filter-car-lost-all-oi-1095280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grease Monkey

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from the Owner

AUTHOR: Grease Monkey #649 - ()

This customer visited our center and requested a full service oil change. We began the oil change and drained the oil. We then noticed that the wrong oil filter had previously been installed on a prior service not performed at our location. The filter was cross-threaded on to the oil filter spindle and could not be removed.

We indicated this to the customer, and advised him to take his vehicle back to the shop or mechanic that previously serviced his vehicle to discuss the issue. We did not charge the customer for a new oil filter and noted on his invoice that the oil filter spindle was stuck prior to service and could not be replaced.

It appears that the customer continued to drive the vehicle with the damaged oil filter spindle, without having it inspected by the previous service provider. This caused the oil to escape through the base plate and filter, thus damaging the engine. We recommend that the customer contact the provider that last serviced the vehicle before it was brought to our location.

If the customer has any questions, we would encourage him to contact us directly at 303-663-4270.